Talk about the flaws of your character.

My  character Ricky Larson who has been on the server since 2018 has really grown to be more mature and centered these days. But there was a point where he was impulsive, a braggart, Immature, egotistical, and a big time narcissist who struggled with a drug, stripper, and car addiction which caused him to pretty much bleed a quarter of a million dollars over time. Once he realized what he was doing when he saw his bank account he began to clean up his act. I think flaws are important but it's also important to progress, or recess as a character as time naturally flows. 

Ricky still has flaws, but he's really worked to become more responsible, and stable these days. 

4 hours ago, SCANDALOUZ said:

This is proof that having flaws doesn't automatically make a character good or well constructed.

Besides that this thread went as well as one would expect.

Yeah I'm sorry for portraying a woman who lost two of her best friends to gang beef (happened IC and on the server) and vehicle accidents as a sad human being who constantly needs reassurance in order to not feel like shit. I guess I'm gonna roleplay forgetting the day when she saw her friend get gunned down, as well as multiple other people going MIA. I'll buy a Sultan Classic and a Weazel Plaza apartment for my trucking money and roleplay some happy bimbo with a fetish for petite blonde immigrant chicks.

Sorry for having a bad character!

1 hour ago, hentai! said:

Yeah I'm sorry for portraying a woman who lost two of her best friends to gang beef (happened IC and on the server) and vehicle accidents as a sad human being who constantly needs reassurance in order to not feel like shit. I guess I'm gonna roleplay forgetting the day when she saw her friend get gunned down, as well as multiple other people going MIA. I'll buy a Sultan Classic and a Weazel Plaza apartment for my trucking money and roleplay some happy bimbo with a fetish for petite blonde immigrant chicks.

Sorry for having a bad character!

I hope you realize that more than half of the traits you've described on your original reply are a 1:1 to match to those of the characters you are describing now.

Reasoning a-side.

5 hours ago, SCANDALOUZ said:

This is proof that having flaws doesn't automatically make a character good or well constructed.

This tbh. People tend to give your characters the weirdest fucking flaws and traits possible to make them "unique" whilst they only make themselves look retarded. I'm not talking about this particular example but there's a bunch of weird ass characters that aren't any unique or realistic.

tldr: learn how to give ur characters other traits than poorly rped drug abuse 

Edited by i dont wanna od in LA
50 minutes ago, SCANDALOUZ said:

hope you realize that more than half of the traits you've described on your original reply are a 1:1 to match to those of the characters you are describing now.

Perhaps, I just don't know what the fuck your problem is with the fact that my character has reasonable and DEVELOPED flaws but alright. I never use any of my character's flaws to any advantage neither, I dunno who shat in your coffee but don't take it out on me because I am not doing anyone any harm.

Edited by hentai!
yes
  • Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Wuhtah locked this topic