Talk about the flaws of your character.

My character, quite simply, has no idea what she's doing.

She's been thrown into a situation that if she refused, that would mean death and was expected to become a criminal, understanding every code of ethics that the faction has and was expected to follow a set of rules that she was never explained and just simply rolls with it. She's too scared to do anything about it, she's gone too deep into the criminal world and has done too many mistakes to simply say "I don't know what I'm doing" even though it's the hard truth, which leads to the next point.

She makes too many mistakes, she's not a perfect criminal and will never be, I intentionally make her loud-mouthed, I intentionally make her a bit bossy, all because she's just simply not cut out to do illegal stuff. I've been given a lot of leaway with this by the faction and I'm grateful for it.

My character is scared of death, she obeys everything she's told to do without question fearing that it would anger the leaders, she doesn't participate in fights unless she knows she's got backup and will do anything she can to keep on living, however she's also tried to overdose once she thought that her life had come to an end due to her mistakes all finally piling up on her, as she's driven by her own emotions a lot, which also causes her to make a lot of impulse purchases with her dirty/blood money, it will definitely end up catching the eye of the IRS and/or Police one of these days, leading to her eventual arrest.

I don't know how to properly summarize the goblin that is my character, but I hope I put a decent enough light on her that you could understand where the inspiration for her actions and character concepts come from, she's a normal person that was thrown into the underworld and not explained shit.

Edited by Sim
  • Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1
6 minutes ago, Sim said:

My character, quite simply, has no idea what she's doing.

She's been thrown into a situation that if she refused, that would mean death and was expected to become a criminal, understanding every code of ethics that the faction has and was expected to follow a set of rules that she was never explained and just simply rolls with it. She's too scared to do anything about it, she's gone too deep into the criminal world and has done too many mistakes to simply say "I don't know what I'm doing" even though it's the hard truth, which leads to the next point.

She makes too many mistakes, she's not a perfect criminal and will never be, I intentionally make her loud-mouthed, I intentionally make her a bit bossy, all because she's just simply not cut out to do illegal stuff. I've been given a lot of leaway with this by the faction and I'm grateful for it.

My character is scared of death, she obeys everything she's told to do without question fearing that it would anger the leaders, she doesn't participate in fights unless she knows she's got backup and will do anything she can to keep on living, however she's also tried to overdose once she thought that her life had come to an end due to her mistakes, as she's driven by her own emotions a lot, which also causes her to make a lot of impulse purchases with her dirty/blood money.

I don't know how to properly summarize the goblin that is my character, but I hope I put a decent enough light on her that you could understand where the inspiration for her actions and character concepts come from.

Quality as always 🙂

My character is most prominently just immature. He grew up in a family with high expectations of him and a more or less traditional, but too lenient upbringing. Rancho-born, East Vinewood-grown latino, family in Law Enforcement/emergency services (cop dad, dispatcher mom).

He was a rather meek, timid child growing up, and as he matured he showed signs of simply being emotionally disconnected from his peers: he can't develop relationships, he's avoidant and only presents as charming superficially. He struggles keeping friends because he doesn't naturally have a need for social relationships. Develops highly superficial relationships. Knows everyone, but makes no significant connections. He's analytical, which has made him less emotionally intelligent.

In contrast to this he works a highly sociable profession, as a DJ. He's an introvert presenting as an extrovert. He developed his drug habits as a teenager out of a need to fit in and lose his inhibitions, and allow him to socialize "normally". He's self-destructive, self-deprecating, and seeking instant-gratification. He has convinced himself that he's toxic, and thus nurtures many toxic behaviours: f.e. he will seduce women, tell them he can't date them, make them become attached, and abandon them when they ask for more. He's the world's most honest fuckboy.

He has a high need for validation but also to feel loved, but he's terrified of any form of commitment. He can't deal with failure when he is being observed. He will shut down completely if he makes a serious mistake in front of people, and will be embarrassed about it for weeks, obsessing over a tiny mistake that people have long forgotten. Whenever he feels like he's looked like an idiot, he has a tendency to simply escape, going as far as to remove people from his life over it.

Despite all this, he's self-aware, but instead of trying to grow up and mature, he simply talks honestly about his flaws and assumes that people should accept them or leave, instead of understanding that he might need to change. He suffers from clinical depression, and it shows up in his mood every week. Some weeks he will isolate himself completely, barely leaving his apartment. Others he will engage in reckless behaviour, like increased drug use, or thrill-seeking.

Ultimately he feels like he can't let people into his life because they'd leave if they met the real him. He's ultimately still sweet, vulnerable and guarded, and yet in his own experience he is dull, boring, weird, different, and ultimately if everyone saw that the cool new DJ in town that's all fun and games was actually just some dude privately, he'd be done.

Edited by Koko
  • Upvote 3
  • Wuhtah locked this topic