Issue with connecting to the server

Gazra

Basically I've been playing the server on and off for 2 weeks now and all of a sudden today I'm unable to connect. When I launch rage it boots up and starts connecting to the server, then it says it has lost the connection and is retrying

Any idea why this might be happening please?

Hey there, Gazra. Here are a few indicators / possibilities. 

1) If you are connected with a VPN, some regions will reject gateway connections and cause this issue.
2) If you are on regular internet, I suggest using a VPN, and connecting to a France Server to host your connection (That's where the GTAW Server is) 
3) There are some setting parameters that need adjusting. 

I have made a master guide and will post the link here. I recommend going through the steps / videos. In some cases, the game might start working all of the sudden, RageMP is finicky like that. 

Hope this helps, have a good one. 

4 minutes ago, Geo. said:

Hey there, Gazra. Here are a few indicators / possibilities. 

1) If you are connected with a VPN, some regions will reject gateway connections and cause this issue.
2) If you are on regular internet, I suggest using a VPN, and connecting to a France Server to host your connection (That's where the GTAW Server is) 
3) There are some setting parameters that need adjusting. 

I have made a master guide and will post the link here. I recommend going through the steps / videos. In some cases, the game might start working all of the sudden, RageMP is finicky like that. 

Hope this helps, have a good one. 

Appreciate the feedback. I wasn't originally on a VPN so I just tried connecting on one and I still had the same issue - I was able to launch the game perfectly fine about an hour ago and I had to come off quickly to do something, then I come back on and I'm having this issue

Just now, Gazra said:

Appreciate the feedback. I wasn't originally on a VPN so I just tried connecting on one and I still had the same issue - I was able to launch the game perfectly fine about an hour ago and I had to come off quickly to do something, then I come back on and I'm having this issue

Yes, I assume it's just a one-off connection dilemma. Persistency is key when situations like this occur. Perhaps try a few more times, wait an hour, etc. 

• 2 weeks later...