What kind of roleplay is overplayed/overrated?

On 7/25/2021 at 3:41 AM, shaobadman said:

since i started playing again, i noticed way more non-black characters speaking in aave and i don't understand it at all, i'm not from the usa though maybe white people do speak that way over there? unless they're literally trying to rp the guy from offspring's pretty fly for a white guy, it's extremely difficult to take on board

I rp as latino that grew up in a black-neighborhood. It'd be unrealistic to not acquisition some slang and speak some ebonics here an there.
Prolly that's where it stems from, people trying to rp some different blends of chars.

Edited by bbyK

worn out characteristics for a character that got to grow up in a hood, his/her involvement in a violence without a proper reason and not developing anything at all.

Roleplaying a gangbanger, but the only thing he or she does is to stand on the corner and wait for a fiend, bring the cash back and get a cut, plus being a complete statue when it comes to a roleplay.

Some might say that the player does it because of not having enough experience of roleplaying, but the vast majority doesnt really learn anything new but still stay the same.

Edited by vano

Suddenly knowing a language 100% with no development because you “visited” said country for one month or two. 

I feel that characters that purposely dress slutty unless doing it under an occupation(stripper, sex worker, ect) are pretty much troll characters to me.

Gang members that contribute nothing into community but discarded shells and dead bodies. Bruh cmon there are many things you can do besides standing around the hood and waiting for fiends people barely use the basketball court and a empty Davis Super Mall to me one of the only fun parts of hood rp would be the character development. At least get a part time job or create a legal side small hustle.

17 hours ago, PrinceCane said:

Suddenly knowing a language 100% with no development because you “visited” said country for one month or two. 

I feel that characters that purposely dress slutty unless doing it under an occupation(stripper, sex worker, ect) are pretty much troll characters to me.

Gang members that contribute nothing into community but discarded shells and dead bodies. Bruh cmon there are many things you can do besides standing around the hood and waiting for fiends people barely use the basketball court and a empty Davis Super Mall to me one of the only fun parts of hood rp would be the character development. At least get a part time job or create a legal side small hustle.

Only issue is the notion that these members have quotas to fulfill, as-well. They have to make an X amount of sales and a Y amount of bills at a Z amount of time in order to "pull their weight" in the hood. Hence, the grind's endless, at times.

On 8/24/2021 at 8:11 AM, PRESCRIPTION said:

"My character grew up around violence so of course I can carry a firearm a week or two into my development. Dead bodies? See them everyday, makes me numb to it other than affecting my mental health or giving me PTSD" type characters in ANY type of faction.

"This dude has straight up iced three others, and after spending twenty years on the pen, he knows that the next time he gets pulled over, it's a life sentence. That's why he has to KILL any of them popos that pull him over to talk about his broken turn signal. Don't shoot him tho, he's just a thirteen year old."

Meanwhile my crusty old car thief can't navigate around his arthritis to get a gun loaded.

• Wuhtah locked this topic