What kind of roleplay is overplayed/overrated?

9 hours ago, quezd said:

Brutha. When I say, I have alot of experience and almost roleplayed every scenario there is and engaged with other roleplayers. It gets to a point where it's just recycled roleplay. Almost insanity at that point, who wants to keep doing the same shit everyday? Just my opinion like I said. Shit needs to get changed or switched up a little bit.

And what would you change exactly? Or, what would you like to switch up? A gang is still a gang, we’re still roleplaying in San Andreas. Crime is still crime. A character is still just a character. Simple changes are just that, they don’t really change anything. And the format will always be the same. We’ve been doing this for nearly two decades (2004), at some point you’ve done everything and that’s okay. Doesn’t have to be a bad thing, I personally still enjoy myself exploring different roleplay forms and characters. I’d love to see your point of view. 

• Upvote 1

The problem with trucking is really that people taking their time to act it out prevents others from acting out their roles that need the deliveries.

Assuming no one interfers and robs them.

Does my character personally have to supervise deliveries and establish security on the road from the port to Rockford Hills to be able to select a dress when she needs it?

Can't be serious.

"My character grew up around violence so of course I can carry a firearm a week or two into my development. Dead bodies? See them everyday, makes me numb to it other than affecting my mental health or giving me PTSD" type characters in ANY type of faction.

Cousin coming over from [INSERT EURASIAN COUNTRY] character introductions. I feel like I see them literally every other post on some faction threads. I'm not saying eurasian RP is overplayed, but that type of character definitely is. Where are the Eurasian criminals coming up born and raised in Los Santos?  Most of the Eurasian immigrant communities on the west coast are only 2nd or 3rd generation so I feel like it should be much more common then we see it on the server.

On 5/10/2021 at 11:01 AM, Akali said:

I feel like the most overrated roleplay that's not only overplayed, but saturating the market right now is white people.

Somehow everyone immigrated from Leeds, London, Paris, Berlin, Essex or Dublin (You know who I'm talking about...) to go to Los Santos to start a successful career as a stripper/guard/trucker/taxi driver. And I'm not just naming the jobs that they can do, it's the jobs they all actually do. You'll always find someone who's somehow a jack of all trades and knows how to fix a car, tend a bar and practice law without any typical background or depth to how they came to learn those trades.

If you go to a bar, the usual ethnicities are: White (65%) Asian (30%) Black (2.5%) Hispanic (5%). These percentages can shift depending on the bar and the area where the bar is, but White is usually the strong majority in these cases.

Perfect characters and Mary Sues/Gary Sues are also a problem. They name specific measurements for body parts (Erotic and non Erotic) of course which I can understand, but I don't really need to read how jiggly a girl's ass is. They have no blemishes on their face, lovely soft skin, shiny brown hair... whatever happened to a person's imperfections? At the end of the day, you're playing a character not a Second Life sex object. 

I've had it a few times on my Middle-Eastern woman that she's been privately speaking Arabic to someone and then out of nowhere, a plain Jane white girl rocks up with the blonde hair, 18 years old and is somehow able to converse in Arabic... Then they disappear, go sit down with their friend and start doing sign language.

It's becoming more and more common that if something is said in a foreign language that is directly talking about somebody else's character, somehow they metagame the information and they're suddenly able to speak the language.

All in all - just be original (<--- Here's a good example) .  Don't be too unique but be unique enough for the person who's roleplaying with you to know that you're playing an individual, not an emotionless superhero with a God complex.

A lot of people tend to use speaking a different language as a form of metagame and not something that they roleplayed learning or grew up around even at an age of an average high-school graduate in the United States driving a super sports car being the jack of all trades.

I've seen a lot of people describe their characters as somewhat a similar physique as Dwyane The Rock Johnson with a very clean skin or a fit Amazonian woman with zero flaws but no role-play of keeping up their appearance or development of how they got to their current shape.

Civilian Roleplay =/= 100% legal character

Civilians are as pretty gray lined as gang members one would commit crime or be a convicted felon and the other would clock in to their part time job. These things can go the other way around.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Trupiano said:

Cousin coming over from [INSERT EURASIAN COUNTRY] character introductions. I feel like I see them literally every other post on some faction threads. I'm not saying eurasian RP is overplayed, but that type of character definitely is. Where are the Eurasian criminals coming up born and raised in Los Santos?  Most of the Eurasian immigrant communities on the west coast are only 2nd or 3rd generation so I feel like it should be much more common then we see it on the server.

Always seems hilarious to me that people think some random white guy from [Insert East European country] with no superior studies and no legit work experience ( robbing cars isn't a job ) would be able to easily get into the United States.

Bros if it were that easy everyone would do it.

Edited by averycoolguy
  • Wuhtah locked this topic