What kind of roleplay is overplayed/overrated?

8 minutes ago, jcat said:

Thanks @Englebert.  The male characters who are trying to pick up the female characters pretty much force them to reveal their orientation to explain their disinterest in the male characters.  If the male characters didn't push it so far, they wouldn't have to know the women they interact with are lesbians. 

Ironically my characters say they are lesbians as well...while they aren't. It is also an excuse out of situations irl and many women use it regularly.

Edited by Engelbert
14 minutes ago, DLimit said:

3.2%, in L.A., self-identify as "LGTBQ". It'd be a great idea to TRY to reflect those numbers. Why DOES everybody want to R.P. a Lesbian so badly?

Again, this is some kind of fantasy people want to roleplay out in a virtual world.

• Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Like I said, that's a minority of women. Yet, the lesbian to heterosexual ratio of women on this server is unrealistic. Are there a large amount of lesbians in L.S./L.A. in the real world? Yes. However, there aren't more lesbians than straight women, and straight women seem very underplayed, at this moment.

Someone recently asked me, I had to admit I had no full overview.

So I asked Natasha, who estimates around 50-75% of females are either lesbian or bi.

She must know.

You're indeed likely right on this.

Edited by knppel
4 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Keep in mind, that some of said lesbians could be just bi or straight using it as an excuse to bail of unpleasant situations.

More woman pull the "I have a boyfriend" card than the Lesbien card. It just really seems like it's a "fantasy" thing rather than a realism thing.

Just now, DLimit said:

More woman pull the "I have a boyfriend" card than the Lesbien card. It just really seems like it's a "fantasy" thing rather than a realism thing.

I don't know much about it. Having a boyfriend actually never deterred as many men as "I am not into men" excuse. 

13 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Keep in mind, that some of said lesbians could be just bi or straight using it as an excuse to bail of unpleasant situations.

Yeah that's a possibility, but judging from what my character has encountered so far, atleast 90% of them are for real instead.

• Wuhtah locked this topic