What kind of roleplay is overplayed/overrated?

On 8/20/2021 at 9:53 PM, Aquila said:

I don't see the fun in roleplaying with an inanimate object that can't respond to you at all,

Then don't do the job? Plenty of people find it interesting, at least you can make up what the car does, you can't for say medicalRP.

Generic basic bitch characters always in the clubs at night.
Run yo pockets foo roleplayers
I'm a trucker I just truck everyday I don't have emotion I don't have family/friends, trucking is the only thing I do (applicable to other script jobs too) 
My mom/dad died when I was 4 (Sorry Batman)
1st generation japanese/korean characters that only exist for the purpose of racing expensive cars 

I might've done some of the above, but I care to realize it wasn't amazing 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Cocaine Capital said:

It’s like people think you gotta have like every bad circumstance under the sun to be a unique character. When in reality most people do it and it’s disgusting. 

The majority of the time I think it's more players being lazy in their reasoning to play an illegal character, not them trying to standout in edge-lord fashion.

Very easy to just say hey, my character had a cliché horrible childhood when attempting to justify excessive criminal behavior. 

I'd say gang rp, you say something to a gangbanger, he slides out his strap and guns you down like a little bitch, then you end up being here, writing a report, gang rp is okay, ain't bad but gunning down everything you see is just lame, ya need to chill and stop provoking, most of the player reports are based on gang rp :3

1 hour ago, Nike said:

I'd say gang rp, you say something to a gangbanger, he slides out his strap and guns you down like a little bitch, then you end up being here, writing a report, gang rp is okay, ain't bad but gunning down everything you see is just lame, ya need to chill and stop provoking, most of the player reports are based on gang rp. 

Think they should expand the size of the territorys gangs can own, leading to larger gangs but less of them. So no everyone and their wrinkles ass grandma can make one. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic