What kind of roleplay is overplayed/overrated?

So personally I get annoyed over more of how players portray their character through the way they type, the overused slang when talking is one of them that a lot of players use from illegal to legal roleplayers. “S’ta deal, y’know wha’ i mean?”, I can understand hood roleplayers talking like that but not ever person literally needs to type the same. Not everyone has ghetto grammar or talks in slang lol.

20 hours ago, LoLo.Jpg said:

So personally I get annoyed over more of how players portray their character through the way they type, the overused slang when talking is one of them that a lot of players use from illegal to legal roleplayers. “S’ta deal, y’know wha’ i mean?”, I can understand hood roleplayers talking like that but not ever person literally needs to type the same. Not everyone has ghetto grammar or talks in slang lol.

Jamaican ones are the absolute hardest to read when it comes to this. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Daquan Kingston said:

I wish people who roleplay having a Brittish accent would display it appropriately and understand how hard it is to understand for people who use American English as their main language. It adds flavor when properly done. 

1. There's no such thing as "Brittish" [sic] accent
  2. American English isn't a language, just a variant. What you're thinking of in regards to the UK is local dialects and slang

My issues is that a lot of British characters are simply players' idealised self-inserts. That and they're far too prevalent. Anybody from the Isles would be absolutely pissing with sweat on even the mildest Los Angeles summer day.

• Wuhtah locked this topic