What kind of roleplay is overplayed/overrated?

1 hour ago, Engelbert said:

I beg to differ, if you actually paid attention to faction forums, you'd notice that many groups are infact summer projects.

Besides what has been set countless times before, you cannot copy paste a gang history and select a turf here, cause maybe people playing in that area for years never heard of your gang being there. So it's technically a powergame.

So much this. I had a character which lived on Brogue avenue for nearly 2 years and this happened on a weekly basis. Essentially every 7-14 days some new group would roll along and flex on me with the typical "who u bitch this our turf I been here my whole life" crap; while in reality their former counterparts had only left a few days prior to them showing up. What's wrong with creating a history for yourself here? Idk, the whole showing up on a tuesday and demanding respect on wednesday thing doesn't fly and for people who've actually lived somewhere longer than 8 minutes it gets old very quickly. Unfortunately a lot of gangs haven't realized that if you piss off the residents of the street/neighbourhood/whatever you live in, you're gonna have a bad time. Something something where you eat

Edited by Sush
  • Upvote 5
8 hours ago, griggs said:

it’s common knowledge

I guess everything you see on the Internet must correlate to how it really is in real life. 

Those models, comedians, youtubers are a VERY small population in contrast to the rest of the state. Perhaps if you specified the typical Beverly Hills Persian plastic surgeon I could agree but you clearly have no idea what your talking about. 

"Real life" California is not what you think it is, if so I'd love for you to meet me at my home town of Yorba Linda so we can further discuss how delusional you are. 

stop larping.

1 hour ago, Devasta Bandz said:

I guess everything you see on the Internet must correlate to how it really is in real life. 

Those models, comedians, youtubers are a VERY small population in contrast to the rest of the state. Perhaps if you specified the typical Beverly Hills Persian plastic surgeon I could agree but you clearly have no idea what your talking about. 

"Real life" California is not what you think it is, if so I'd love for you to meet me at my home town of Yorba Linda so we can further discuss how delusional you are. 

stop larping.

Yorba Linda is not really Los Angeles. Good chunk of women have plastic surgery conducted on them, especially the white women, in Northern Los Angeles.

11 hours ago, Devasta Bandz said:

See also: cops and criminals. And yet, here we are.

56 minutes ago, hillievonb said:

See also: cops and criminals. And yet, here we are.

Yeah, both of those populations are massively overrepresented, but that stems from the age old fact that a solid chunk of players come here because it is by far the most dynamic cop/criminal game out there. Not so much because they want to roleplay the life of an office worker or sanitation engineer, for that reason I salute anyone who chooses those less popular and less action packed professions who breath life into this server and remind us that there is more to it than cops and robbers.

13 hours ago, DLimit said:

Yorba Linda is not really Los Angeles.

I never claimed it was.

13 hours ago, DLimit said:

Good chunk of women have plastic surgery conducted on them

True, but is it often noticed and presented in the way it's being presented on world? Definitely not. 

Just now, Devasta Bandz said:

I never claimed it was.

True, but is it often noticed and presented in the way it's being presented on world? Definitely not. 

I haven't seen many people RPing as having plastic surgery conducted on their body... they treat it as their natural beauty.

Just now, DLimit said:

I haven't seen many people RPing as having plastic surgery conducted on their body... they treat it as their natural beauty.

You clearly haven't erotic roleplayed as much as I have man, all I gotta say is all these curvaceous body type can't all be "natural beauty".  

10 hours ago, DS said:

As long as they're having fun, who's to say what's overplayed or overrated? If I don't enjoy what I'm RPing, no matter how mainstream/niche it is, I won't even login to try and RP it.

the only time it's actually a problem is when they impose it on other players, i'm referring to the flawless hard man/powerful woman protagonist type of characters that we've all seen at least one time, these users will often carry that attitude ooc as well if it comes up (having to discuss anything in /b), i've experienced this myself just yesterday and they checked all the boxes

other than that, since i've recently found a way to kill time on here by doing taxi fares, all of the overplayed types of characters that i used to criticise now ceased to be any kind of issue to me, instead i saw them as "colourful characters" that i had to take around the map, or watch momentarily when i sit parked, and it was much more interesting that way

• Wuhtah locked this topic