What kind of roleplay is overplayed/overrated?

Toothless, sappy relationship drama crap and lousy Armenian roleplay where those involved just talk like cholos anyhow. The latter's an example of that weird trend of people conspicuously competing to pick the most nonstandard nationalities possible for their organised crime faction. "My street gang's different 'cause it's peruvian, join today"

Edited by skink

"Women" with any type of mental issue or simply going through a "rough patch" which they express by having intercourse with every other wo(man) they come across because they feel so sad and this is the only way for them to blow off some steam. 🤔

• Upvote 1
On 6/12/2021 at 10:40 AM, Engelbert said:

Whats wrong with that? My character has been fleshed out long before continuity even became a thing. I am not changing the backstory for the sake of bunch of slackers.

It helps that experience in GTA translates well to such background. Liberty city is much easier to explore and learn the quirks and features of compared to the much larger real world New York.

Still, I am a little sad that I chose Liberty city over a more optimal choice, like San Fierro, or Vice City.

29 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

It helps that experience in GTA translates well to such background. Liberty city is much easier to explore and learn the quirks and features of compared to the much larger real world New York.

Still, I am a little sad that I chose Liberty city over a more optimal choice, like San Fierro, or Vice City.

My story is more complicated 🙂 My character was actually born in San Fierro, but they moved to Liberty. Then they ended up in Los Santos.

On 6/14/2021 at 1:26 AM, skink said:

Toothless, sappy relationship drama crap and lousy Armenian roleplay where those involved just talk like cholos anyhow. The latter's an example of that weird trend of people conspicuously competing to pick the most nonstandard nationalities possible for their organised crime faction. "My street gang's different 'cause it's peruvian, join today"

you do know ap13 is a real life criminal organization? and that they do act very cholo-y?

• Upvote 1
On 6/12/2021 at 2:01 PM, Wolfhound said:

3.2%, in L.A., self-identify as "LGTBQ". It'd be a great idea to TRY to reflect those numbers. Why DOES everybody want to R.P. a Lesbian so badly?

They're men (the majority at least) IRL and think that RPing a gay character isn't gay because it's a lesbian, even though that makes it MORE gay than actually playing a straight character. This is my take on it, at least. I've heard this excuse used once or twice though.

I personally think that emulating real-life criminal organizations/gangs is overdone. I would find it a lot more refreshing to have more gangs that were brought up organically and made up within the server than having another Wikipedia dump of facts about a real life set to try to justify entitlement to certain things.

A gang that's 100% made up forces you to build it from the ground up and give it a personal identity and makes every gain you make much more deserved, imho.

• Upvote 6
  • Applaud 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic