What kind of roleplay is overplayed/overrated?

5 minutes ago, hillievonb said:

Most of the men who hit on my bi woman are apparently criminals. She might think it's kind of hot, but she's not going to date one. Go figure.

Really?  The male characters I've seen on the server are stylish, confident, and very interesting.  I'm pretty surprised that most of the male characters interacting with your female character are criminals or other types of people that women would find undesireable.

It's been said before but young professionals. 

I'm going to use FD as an example because I think it best highlights the issue but I'm not trying to call out FD specifically, this is a much broader issue I see in at least some form in the business and government scene. 

Lets take a look at some photo's from the LA fire department: 

AP21058022541997.jpg?w=2560&h=1440&crop=

Skid_row_station_9_1_1121x.jpg?v=1595198

gv_may-2018_retired-guys.jpg

Do you notice some trends among these people? If you don't let me point out the obvious. They are overwhelmingly male (Which is something we don't really need to enforce) and they are all overwhelming in their late 20's to mid 50's. Yet I find on this server firefighters are overwhelmingly female and almost all in their early to late 20's. It takes years to get somewhere in a government department, I know people who started in my local FD at 25 as a volunteer and only by age 30 did they really start working full time for the department and even then it wasn't as officially salaried employees; That usually takes another two or three years and usually only happens when someone above them retires. 

Like I said this isn't just an FD problem, I just think they highlight it. I'd be really interested in seeing forced age up's for all government employees (Gov, FD, PD as well as people involved with judicial RP) as they progress their characters within the departments. That way at least they're age matches that of their role on the server.

• Upvote 1

I am not really a big fan of illegal factions players increasing their characters age every now and then, having +10/20 years on their character after 6 IRL months it makes little sense to the rest of the characters outside of their faction imagine slapping an 18 y/o boy that was 2 years younger than you and suddenly now he is 33 and is some caporegime or mafia boss orr... some OG while you are still 20/21 y/o.

I think there should be some rule implemented on this so it does not break immersion. I'd even suggest a 1 month = 1 year as it would make sense for criminals not to get caught or involved in murder in particular as that will give them 10+ years meaning over 10 months or a year without playing that character. Also, this would help out with positions in LEO factions as to who gets to retirement and who gets the next spot or further.. only downside is that we cannot roleplay it as 1 year = 1 year so everyone will have to dispense of their usual days and maybe if they have birthday on that date on the character then make it as if it's that year. But that's just a thought.

8 hours ago, skate_board said:

armenians/characters from weird european countries hanging around davis, skinheads that go out of their way to start issues

Urban skins coming in as racist with no development and little knowledge of the scene is some of the laziest shit I've seen. Props to the SHARPs and punks out there keeping it real.

• Upvote 2
10 hours ago, ScottieP said:

I am not really a big fan of illegal factions players increasing their characters age every now and then, having +10/20 years on their character after 6 IRL months it makes little sense to the rest of the characters outside of their faction imagine slapping an 18 y/o boy that was 2 years younger than you and suddenly now he is 33 and is some caporegime or mafia boss orr... some OG while you are still 20/21 y/o.

I think there should be some rule implemented on this so it does not break immersion. I'd even suggest a 1 month = 1 year as it would make sense for criminals not to get caught or involved in murder in particular as that will give them 10+ years meaning over 10 months or a year without playing that character. Also, this would help out with positions in LEO factions as to who gets to retirement and who gets the next spot or further.. only downside is that we cannot roleplay it as 1 year = 1 year so everyone will have to dispense of their usual days and maybe if they have birthday on that date on the character then make it as if it's that year. But that's just a thought.

I agree 10-20 years is a bit too much but people usually go up around 1-3 years. Nobody ages up their char 10 years.

• Wuhtah locked this topic