What kind of roleplay is overplayed/overrated?

9 hours ago, Late said:

Don't be foolish, this is a major incentive and SO it should be. Sometimes you can go 30 minutes between calls and there's NO GUARANTEE another drive won't beat you to it. Taxi is a vital service so people should rightfully be enticed to partake in this roleplay. 

Not saying it's bad. The thing I wanted to point out is whatever job you're doing you're getting 4k per hour. 

On 5/9/2021 at 3:35 AM, BINGBONGGHOST said:

was overrated and/or oversaturated

I don't know if overrated is a really applicable word, since so much of what happens on the server is only people trying to find things to do.  That's why there are so many car shows, or whatever.

Oversaturated is another issue entirely.  

Reading through this thread, people are generally talking about things they don't like, and I get it, it's the GTAW forums, and that's what we do on here.  But oversaturated as in what is there too much of?  What is our standard for determining what is too much?  I think people could be responding to a mental standard they picked up from real life instead of the reality of the in game character population.

We should consider thinking about what is normal for GTAW Los Santos.  Apparently its a town with a lot of immigrants, Latinos, Black people, criminal gangs, pickup artists, and lesbians.  If that's what it is, that's what it is.

One thing that I think would help with this sense of something being oversaturated or there being too much of it is to make a determined effort to increase opportunities for civilian rp.  A big thriving civilian rp part of the server would do a lot to ease the sense of unbalanced proportions.  Give people things to do that aren't crime related.  I know there are script jobs, and there are the rp jobs, and the player owned businesses, and they're all great, but look into things which impair people's ability to make those things fun full time occupations for their characters.  What stops growth?  What stops people's enjoyment of them?  What's interfering with them?

Economic overhaul to balance income and expenses would be good, since that would make jobs and income much more important, but this would have to be balanced with civilian rp job activities which are fun, engaging, and don't get grindy.  

A way to decrease lesbianism is to stop hitting on female characters, and when they give you the brush off, leave them alone.  If you don't bother the girls, you won't see that many lesbians.

1 hour ago, jcat said:

A way to decrease lesbianism is to stop hitting on female characters, and when they give you the brush off, leave them alone.  If you don't bother the girls, you won't see that many lesbians.

Women get harassed, daily, in L.A... it should be a part of the experience. Maybe, if women didn't always display themselves as extremely attractive, and more "average"-like, then harassment would decrease a bit.

Edited by DLimit
  • Applaud 1
Just now, DLimit said:

Woman get harassed, daily, in L.A... it should be a part of the experience.

Women get harassed daily in GTAW Los Santos too, and if people are going to do that they shouldn't complain about meeting a lot of lesbians.

2 minutes ago, jcat said:

Women get harassed daily in GTAW Los Santos too, and if people are going to do that they shouldn't complain about meeting a lot of lesbians.

Most women don't become Lesbians simply because they are cat-called and harassed, daily, though. People should accept the consequences and realism rather than creating a Lesbian to simply evade harassment... even then, lesbians will get harassed for simply being a woman, any way... thus, this shouldn't be the reason to create a lesbian character.

Edited by DLimit
Just now, DLimit said:

Most women don't become Lesbiens simply because they are cat-called and harassed, daily, though. People should accept the consequences and realism rather than creating a Lesbien to simply evade harassment... even then, lesbiens will get harassed for simply being a woman, any way... thus, this shouldn't be the reason to create a lesbien character.

I think we're having two separate discussions.

2 minutes ago, jcat said:

I think we're having two separate discussions.

You're arguing that people create Lesbians since they get harassed by men, every day. Yet, most women, in the real world, don't become lesbians simply for being harassed in the city. That's a minority of women.

Being harassed is a part of the experience of being a woman. It doesn't make sense to create a lesbian character to evade being harassed, as they'll be harassed, any way, for being a woman.

• Wuhtah locked this topic