What kind of roleplay is overplayed/overrated?

1 minute ago, Powley said:

Personally I find the system you’ve proposed in a ‘rating system’ won’t fix issues because players with a poor attitude or roleplay standard are still on the server, you're only separating them with a meaningless number rating which not only can be biased depending on an admins feeling of you, but would create a serious amount of extra work for admins to watch and recommend someone for ‘level 2 player’.

Just my take man 

The number rating would have awards attached, of course. Passive income multipliers, waiving certain applications, allowing a broader range of concepts, etc. Ranks 0 through 2 can be observed in a few minutes of interaction - something easily attainable through the NPC/Event portion of the suggestion.

Attaching additional benefits to each rank is definitely something up for debate - would definitely be more coveted if, for example, rank 3 permits you to use /bad without having to donate for it.

Can't say that wouldn't be appealing!

2 minutes ago, EffPee said:

Allow me to jump in here.

Treating the crime rate as an epidemic is problematic because it’s something you should come to expect on a Grand Theft Auto roleplay server. Now you’ll retort with “Go play GTA ONLINE” to which I’d respond with; a roleplay game based on a game with a primary audience of people wanting to play a game where they can shoot and kill people is going to breed avenues of roleplay that will result in people shooting and killing each other. Treating it as an epidemic doesn’t solve a problem, it only makes it an even bigger problem.

Your arguments regarding the ratio of freaky speccy little antisocial nerds who’s sole existence is to get off compared to unrealistically dead-hearted gangland youth seems inarguably biased; both are unacceptable and both should be regulated.

This really comes down to the argument of how realistic do we want to be as a server?

And that doesn't have one "right" answer, frankly. I only produce the statistic as an example of the phenomenon of selective realism the server has embraced - that we can ignore the death rate, only to remark that X number of a particular type of car or bike is "unrealistic." If we want to cultivate a server in which the city of Los Santos is a crime-ridden hellhole, that's fine, but don't turn around and cite real world gun laws or say that someone shooting a banger is unrealistic because they're wearing cat ears.

In fact - living in Los Santos and not owning a firearm seems more ridiculous to me. If Los Santos has a crime problem, allow its remaining denizens to respond to that. The only thing I want is a consistent standard. I don't much care what that standard is, so long as we all agree that "this is the standard." That's something we haven't been able to do.

My point in response to the regulation of those concepts is that it becomes a slippery slope. Again, I presume we don't want to exist on a server in which we adopt trucking rules for shootouts - that every time you shoot someone, you're required to put out 3-5 lines of Trauma RP before you can move on to the next. Regulations beget a mechanical structure that inhibits creativity - and dare I say, that's one of the biggest problems GTAW has.

2 minutes ago, gunman said:

Well this ego boost of a post didn't help anybody. Stuff like this is derailing these types of threads.

Derailing... what, name your favorite overplayed trope? Sorry to have injected a conversation into your inane memery, doctor.

• Applaud 1
On 6/3/2021 at 10:42 AM, JayO said:

Mood. My char is a 44 y/o woman. Always gets hit on by 18 - 25, old enough t be her son. Need more aged characters around. 

i had a character in his 40s being the grumpy man on the block in south ls

it was fun but doesn't last long with the mostly younger characters in the area

On 5/25/2021 at 10:30 PM, TinPan said:

Bar and nightclub roleplay. Without a shadow of a fucking doubt.

There's so many of them around, and all of them are piss-poor when it comes to both the owners managing them and the majority of people roleplaying as customers in them.

It's like some of these owners have never been to a bar or nightclub in real life whatsoever and just went off what they thought is included in them from what they saw in John Wick; same goes for some of the people who rock up to these places with neon shoes and face paint like it's an underground rave scene from the early 2000's.

They're oversatured and most need removing to bring back business diversity, ASAP.

i didn't know other people actually disliked this, i stopped playing in 2018 but revisit this server maybe once or twice a year and nightclubs are dominant as they were then, i took it as the roleplay scene changing/settling and me being behind the times

i've always been a fan of anything occurring outdoors, in 2018 there used to be a food van on the green in mirror park (near the dealership) and it was a great way for players to have their characters meet others and start a scenario

and as much as people criticised those idling at mirror park plaza, it was another great way of getting into roleplay situations

On 6/4/2021 at 5:36 AM, Devastante said:

Typical "Yo ese put your hands up." 16 year old super killer's riding around on bmx's/enduros . Pretty much any type of illegal RP never had a decent experience with those people. 

i think i'd actually prefer this providing they did kidnappings, the last few times i've been on i was actually hoping to be kidnapped/robbed just for some action to bring some spontaneity

On 6/6/2021 at 3:40 AM, hotcheetos said:

Sureno RP is overplayed on GTA:W as of right now. The portrayal in todays server is horrendous and most Hispanic RP'ers are RP'ing as if they are a black gang such as complete reckless behavior. IRL a lot of OG's in these Sureno/Hispanic factions are close friends with people in La Eme, thus they'd always make sure their youngens move smart etc; The Hispanic factions I've seen on GTA:W just don't do this, but than again this is just my opinion so please do not take offence 🙂

If you are going to call yourself a Sureno faction you should operate under La Eme and act like a Sureno gang. 

in a perfect world, over half of the players making hispanic characters would do something more out of the ordinary like have them be immigrants looking for menial work or something, in 2018 i knew a guy who sold tacos from a van daily but he gave up and joined a gang which was kind of sad

- Too many gangs, with more or less same cops vs robbers rp. 

- Too much lesbians with guns driving super cars, living in 3m mansion being 21 yrs old. 

- Too many "I'm famous fuck me" type of people who are part of some "jet set". 

- Too many God damn bikers, county became bikers paradise, ok you love bikes, go ride 'em without being in a gang. 

- Cops who are mightier thanGod, writing speed tickets without having a radar. 

- Business owners in which there is 0 rp, and business owners where in order to get a job, you must make better cv than in rl. 

- Bar, 24/7, fast food and taxi company all offering 4k per hour. 

- Players who drive 100mph, hit you, say in /b lagg, and just vp, vget. 

- No government rp with responsibility to resolve some ic stuff. 

Edited by denybosnia
  • Upvote 1
29 minutes ago, denybosnia said:

- Too much lesbians with guns driving super cars, living in 3m mansion being 21 yrs old. 

- No government rp with responsibility to resolve some ic stuff. 

Lol 100% to #1 

#2: We're passing legislation every day in state gov to try and better RP around the city. Do you have any suggestions on what you'd like to see us pass? ( I also cannot speak for local gov, they're pretty inactive lol )

2 hours ago, TonyPetronero said:

Lol 100% to #1 

#2: We're passing legislation every day in state gov to try and better RP around the city. Do you have any suggestions on what you'd like to see us pass? ( I also cannot speak for local gov, they're pretty inactive lol )

I meant about local gov for example in Sandy, some smaller things like taxi stands etc. Would be fun to go to gov and apply for taxi stand

6 hours ago, denybosnia said:

taxi company all offering 4k per hour. 

Don't be foolish, this is a major incentive and SO it should be. Sometimes you can go 30 minutes between calls and there's NO GUARANTEE another drive won't beat you to it. Taxi is a vital service so people should rightfully be enticed to partake in this roleplay. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic