What kind of roleplay is overplayed/overrated?

I see a lot of people upset that it's rinse and repeat. But what do you expect, honestly? I've tried something different, with character development and all. Which is doing rentals on the beach, which btw is a great place to RP and is rarely even used which is kinda sad. I literally spend tons of time on the beach waiting for people to show up just to have realistic RP. I wait 8 hours PLUS RP-ing alone, passive RP-ing and waiting for people. So if that's what someone has to go through to make something unique, then don't expect much of it honestly.

Also what's over player is picture perfect women who have 0 flaws, hourglass bodies, pretty hair, expensive clothing.. all that shit.

1 hour ago, EliH said:

If anything, I'd question if y'all have been to ACTUAL car meets in any city bigger than 50k population in the US. You'll predominantly find either muscle cars that have 25k+ put into them (ie. TX2k, etc.), rarer imports, etc. ESPECIALLY in locations like California. Many Cars and Coffee meets in bigger cities will have TONS of expensive cars. It's a huge thing down here.

As for the driving, no comment.

I'm not gonna doubt that people pull up with those kind of rides. But the vast majority? Yeah sure. And lets forget car meets for a second. Lets take LA for example, or any city with a population 50k+. How many car enthusiast of said place are gonna own rare imports and pimped out muscle cars? Maybe 1/3 at best. Car enthusiasm never was and never will be about "muh car go fast muh car many money"

And a few more things. How many of those car guys and girls make it 100% their personality? They have no family or any obligations except non stop revving and handbrake turns all day and night? Get real.

3 hours ago, Sumnik said:

I'm not gonna doubt that people pull up with those kind of rides. But the vast majority? Yeah sure. And lets forget car meets for a second. Lets take LA for example, or any city with a population 50k+. How many car enthusiast of said place are gonna own rare imports and pimped out muscle cars? Maybe 1/3 at best. Car enthusiasm never was and never will be about "muh car go fast muh car many money"

And a few more things. How many of those car guys and girls make it 100% their personality? They have no family or any obligations except non stop revving and handbrake turns all day and night? Get real.

Screenshot_1257.png

• Thanks 1
On 6/9/2021 at 10:11 AM, Smilesville said:

It's almost as if overzealous regulation prevents us from roleplaying anything interesting. 🤡

interesting != quirky freaks

u can be realistic and interesting. if anything, we don't have enough regulation rn with all the weird incels rping literal anime characters

34 minutes ago, Sidar said:

interesting != quirky freaks

u can be realistic and interesting. if anything, we don't have enough regulation rn with all the weird incels rping literal anime characters

I forgot that everyone in real life is completely normal and well adjusted. How silly of me.

Better that than a 13 year old banger with ice running through his veins perpetrating war crimes with zero emotional response except "ayo this shit crazy dawg" and hallucinating his dead homies if you ask me.

That's a hot take if you want more regulation, but I guarantee you won't like where it ends up.

Edited by Smilesville
  • Wuhtah locked this topic