What kind of roleplay is overplayed/overrated?

7 hours ago, Pettie said:

"grrR!!!! i cant believe i had one bad encounter with an illegal rper, so this means ALL illegal rpers are bad! gRRRR!!! waaaaah!!!"

Really bade take, my dude.

On further notice, I'd say Elegy Retro driving mallrats who play PF vigilantes are pretty overplayed in general, and don't fit at all.

Been on the server since 2018 my guy. Relax buddy. Point being, no I haven't just had "one" interaction with illegal roleplayers. 🥴 More specifically street level type gang groups. So I agree that I was wrong to just lump all illegal role players into one statement. 

Literally two days ago I got dm'd by some guy who was robbing me  On my "illegal" character not at gunpoint not with a weapon out or anything and I attempted to run away and he just pulled his gun out and killed me.

Seems like my comment rustled a few people's jimmies.

My take may be bad, but it's my take so I guess I'm just kind of waiting for somebody to prove me wrong because that's been the majority of my experiences. 

I agree mallrat type characters are also over played / over rated. Wish more people played a actual character.

Edited by Devastante

Racer RP. Generic 20s something (usually) white female/male with a generic sports car. No proper character development. Nothing. Just "racing" and "car RP". This is incredibly boring and overplayed. Add to the fact that 90% of these people all look, dress the same and all work as mechanics is just boring as fuuuck. I'm a car enthusiast irl, I love my car and cars in general. It's just unrealistic.

Eastern European chad thundercock mega-alpha male. Always dressed as if he just came out of the 90s. Will fight you over anything. Crime is all he knows about, character development is a completely absent. Came to the US yesterday, joins a mafia the day after. Day three he's already selling drugs and weaponry. It's cringe as fuck. I'm a Slav irl and most of our people move out to work and be good citizens with some black work on the side.

Lesbian females. We get it, you're a dude irl and you've never touched a woman in your life.

Soulless hood gangsta with the hood seeping OOC. Always 16 - 20ish years old. The ultimate gangster, is a shotcaller, heartless killer but also a poor suffering minority. Will do any terrible crime in an instant, without any feelings beyond "aye bruh this shyt is fucked homie". The creme de la creme is the cringe when their shitty grammar and gangster-speak seeps into the forums and OOC. They start speaking like African-Americans from the hood on the forums, OOC etc. It's so fucking cringy.

Robocop. No background, no goals, no development, no feelings, no nothing. Just patrol, arrest, shoot and stare into the unknown.

Hillbilly/White Trash in the county. We get it, your only knowledge of the American countryside is movies, series and stereotypes. You cannot roleplay a normal fucking person who lives on the countryside if a gun was held to your head.

• Upvote 13
  • Applaud 2
46 minutes ago, Sumnik said:

Racer RP. Generic 20s something (usually) white female/male with a generic sports car. No proper character development. Nothing. Just "racing" and "car RP". This is incredibly boring and overplayed. Add to the fact that 90% of these people all look, dress the same and all work as mechanics is just boring as fuuuck. I'm a car enthusiast irl, I love my car and cars in general. It's just unrealistic.

Eastern European chad thundercock mega-alpha male. Always dressed as if he just came out of the 90s. Will fight you over anything. Crime is all he knows about, character development is a completely absent. Came to the US yesterday, joins a mafia the day after. Day three he's already selling drugs and weaponry. It's cringe as fuck. I'm a Slav irl and most of our people move out to work and be good citizens with some black work on the side.

Lesbian females. We get it, you're a dude irl and you've never touched a woman in your life.

Soulless hood gangsta with the hood seeping OOC. Always 16 - 20ish years old. The ultimate gangster, is a shotcaller, heartless killer but also a poor suffering minority. Will do any terrible crime in an instant, without any feelings beyond "aye bruh this shyt is fucked homie". The creme de la creme is the cringe when their shitty grammar and gangster-speak seeps into the forums and OOC. They start speaking like African-Americans from the hood on the forums, OOC etc. It's so fucking cringy.

Robocop. No background, no goals, no development, no feelings, no nothing. Just patrol, arrest, shoot and stare into the unknown.

Hillbilly/White Trash in the county. We get it, your only knowledge of the American countryside is movies, series and stereotypes. You cannot roleplay a normal fucking person who lives on the countryside if a gun was held to your head.

based

52 minutes ago, Sumnik said:

Based Department

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Sumnik said:

My man summed up 85% of the server's population in one post. 👏

1 hour ago, sCrax said:

My man summed up 85% of the server's population in one post. 👏

Unfortunately. I get that a lot of these scenarios are fun to RP. But it's so fucking overrated and unoriginal. And also it is extremely unrealistic half of the time.

• Wuhtah locked this topic