What kind of roleplay is overplayed/overrated?

22 hours ago, Brian said:

car enthusiasts 🙂

bonus points if they're not afraid of breaking every single law in the book, or are first generation jap immigrants 🙂 ive got ptds from crossing intersections.

This, I felt like owning a nice car put a huge target on my back because I started to get pulled over for the smallest infractions, probably due to increased reckless drivers. I sold my car and I literally ride a Tri-Cycle bike everywhere now so I don't have to deal with it.

On 5/21/2021 at 9:14 PM, TheSaintEaon said:

Even if that's only recorded, the idea that you jump from 1/10th of 1% to 50% is so unrealistic the claim is insane. 

Also like @knppel said, everything is too high. If we forced people to use real life stats we'd have less than 1 gangster. Only about 15 Military Vets. Probably less than 10 business owners. The setting couldn't function. 

ive yet to see more than 2 people who can portray veterans realistically. everyone roleplays a character that was ranger special operations capable seal team. high speed af.

Overrated?

These "unique" and often "weirdo" characters.

A character being "normal" doesn't make it bad. It's all about traits, development and storytelling.

Many people assume that a unique weirdo character that really spends its lifetime doing nothing but be a weirdo is amazing rp.

It isn't.

Edited by SCANDALOUZ
  • Upvote 5
  • Applaud 3
32 minutes ago, SCANDALOUZ said:

Overrated?

These "unique" and often weirdo characters.

A character being normal doesn't make it bad, it's all about traits, development and storytelling.

Many people assume that a unique weirdo character that really spends its lifetime doing nothing but be a weirdo is amazing rp.

It isn't.

pretty true shit

• Thanks 1
On 5/26/2021 at 12:30 AM, TinPan said:

Bar and nightclub roleplay. Without a shadow of a fucking doubt.

There's so many of them around, and all of them are piss-poor when it comes to both the owners managing them and the majority of people roleplaying as customers in them.

It's like some of these owners have never been to a bar or nightclub in real life whatsoever and just went off what they thought is included in them from what they saw in John Wick; same goes for some of the people who rock up to these places with neon shoes and face paint like it's an underground rave scene from the early 2000's.

They're oversatured and most need removing to bring back business diversity, ASAP.

Hire this man.

On 5/9/2021 at 7:28 PM, Skip said:

It's actually impossible for me to hit on anyone at a bar. Los Santos is 21 going on 17.

Mood. My char is a 44 y/o woman. Always gets hit on by 18 - 25, old enough t be her son. Need more aged characters around. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic