What kind of roleplay is overplayed/overrated?

The actual killing of sex offenders is quite rare. They'll get taken off on and stomped down, but many inmates aren't willing to risk life unless you're in a level 5 where there's already tons of lifers with nothing to lose. Even in those situations, an actual homicide will still be rare. 

The state has a duty to care for the offenders in its custody. This whole thing about "checking paperwork" is largely a myth and/or outdated because the real at-risk sex offenders would never hit main line. They'd be caught by counselors and preemptively sent to some sort of PC ahead of time. The state isn't going to put a sex offender into a situation where they're gonna get beat down if they can help it because they'll get their pants sued off. 

Source: Worked as a prison guard in the US for a year before going back to college. 

• Upvote 3
14 hours ago, SugarDavis said:

The actual killing of sex offenders is quite rare. They'll get taken off on and stomped down, but many inmates aren't willing to risk life unless you're in a level 5 where there's already tons of lifers with nothing to lose. Even in those situations, an actual homicide will still be rare. 

The state has a duty to care for the offenders in its custody. This whole thing about "checking paperwork" is largely a myth and/or outdated because the real at-risk sex offenders would never hit main line. They'd be caught by counselors and preemptively sent to some sort of PC ahead of time. The state isn't going to put a sex offender into a situation where they're gonna get beat down if they can help it because they'll get their pants sued off. 

Source: Worked as a prison guard in the US for a year before going back to college. 

While I would agree with you about everything else (killing being rare etc), California, and therefore our system, is fairly different to every other state. It's extremely large, hampered by bureaucratic inefficiency and poor allocation of resources and it also has a fair degree of real corruption and dubious practices (which isn't a "cOpS bAd" conspiracy, the CDCR is an awful institution and county jurisdictions can be even worse). Offenders do hit the mainline, especially on reception yards and in county jails. It's less common on higher level state yards for the reason you've given but that's not what we're roleplaying so it isn't particularly relevant to the server. In county jails especially, there's nowhere to hide if you're an offender and protective custody is basically just segregation because facilities are scarce. From what I've learned in my research, this is why offenders take the chance of trying to get away with dirty charges in general population. Additionally it can be easy to conceal those charges in certain circumstances, such as if you have 'clean' charges from other jurisdictions that you can show.

There's also the fact that IC is IC. I don't like drawing on that concept often but in this case it's warranted. Offenders do happen to land in general population in TTCF, so we have to roleplay accordingly. It's also a situation that's fairly close to irl, based on my understanding of county jails.

Edited by Large Hazard
  • Upvote 1
15 hours ago, SugarDavis said:

While you're raising a couple fair points you have to keep in mind that it all should be viewed on a case to case basis. Like, there's technically no state pen on the server itself so let's say you end up in a situation when a rapist hits the mainline in TTCF. I can guarantee you that he would be removed within minutes.

Bar and nightclub roleplay. Without a shadow of a fucking doubt.

There's so many of them around, and all of them are piss-poor when it comes to both the owners managing them and the majority of people roleplaying as customers in them.

It's like some of these owners have never been to a bar or nightclub in real life whatsoever and just went off what they thought is included in them from what they saw in John Wick; same goes for some of the people who rock up to these places with neon shoes and face paint like it's an underground rave scene from the early 2000's.

They're oversatured and most need removing to bring back business diversity, ASAP.

16 hours ago, Brian said:

car enthusiasts 🙂

bonus points if they're not afraid of breaking every single law in the book, or are first generation jap immigrants 🙂 ive got ptds from crossing intersections.

at this point u just follow the traffic laws to avoid getting busted on by a sultan classic going at 120 mph

Reckless driving roleplay, if you can call it that is severely overplayed. I feel soo alone when I drive realistically, stick to the limits, yield in intersections. But when I stop in an intersection, a trucker, overtaking me... a sports car completly ramming the intersection. It's like their characters know this is a game and nothing serious can happen so why waste time and slow down if you can go pedal to the metal huh? Hate roleplayers like that 😄

Edited by Rasta
  • Upvote 1
18 hours ago, Brian said:

car enthusiasts 🙂

bonus points if they're not afraid of breaking every single law in the book, or are first generation jap immigrants 🙂 ive got ptds from crossing intersections.

Car enthusiasts have me driving at 40 MPH, with shadowplay running. I stop at every intersection. I don't care if people find it frustrating and have to take over. I've had enough car enthusiasts run my character over and then drive off.

• Upvote 6
  • Applaud 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic