What kind of roleplay is overplayed/overrated?

On 5/20/2021 at 6:42 AM, TheSaintEaon said:

To give it some perspective, America has a population of 328 Million people of which its estimated that around 1 million are involved in a gang of some sort. That's a whopping .3% of the population. That means in all of Los Santos, if we're maxed out on population, in order to not over represent gang members within our population, you are allowed to have 4.5 Gang Members. And that's if you assume National Number is the same as the local number. In reality its going to be much, much less. 

First of all, googled statistics are trash. Second of all, LA had the highest percentage of gang members in the country, approx HALF of the city is a gang member or someone with TIES to a gang at the very least, so I'm not sure why u think there's too many

3 hours ago, Garras Up said:

First of all, googled statistics are trash. Second of all, LA had the highest percentage of gang members in the country, approx HALF of the city is a gang member or someone with TIES to a gang at the very least, so I'm not sure why u think there's too many

You're gonna trash my statistic and instead come up with something as impossible as a city with 50% gang ties? I'm hoping you forgot the /s or something. 

Edit:

What you said is so hilariously stupid I just had to look at it. 

The population of LA is 3.9 Million. 
According to the LAPD there is just over 45,000 gang members in the city, which is a lot, but no where near 50%. Close to 400K would be 1%, so Gang Members in LA make up just about .01% according to the LAPD, which means my number I gave you was high. You can have .15th of a person, not even 4.5 people. If we're staying accurate to the numbers.

Edited by TheSaintEaon
1 hour ago, TheSaintEaon said:

You're gonna trash my statistic and instead come up with something as impossible as a city with 50% gang ties? I'm hoping you forgot the /s or something. 

There are more than 450 active gangs in the City of Los Angeles. Many of these gangs have been in existence for over 50 years. These gangs have a combined membership of over 150,000 individuals.

It's true, though. Majority of people in Los Angeles know, have known, is related to or is dating somebody who's involved in a gang, that's if they're not involved in a gang themselves.

I'd say 150,000 gangbangers in one city alone is more than enough to say there's more than 4 gang members in the whole city, thus trashing your statistics.

Edited by Garras Up
54 minutes ago, TheSaintEaon said:

Edit:

According to the LAPD there is just over 45,000 gang members in the city, which is a lot, but no where near 50%. Close to 400K would be 1%, so Gang Members in LA make up just about .01% according to the LAPD, which means my number I gave you was high. You can have .15th of a person, not even 4.5 people. If we're staying accurate to the numbers.

One must note that these are only recorded or reported gang members. It's a higher number.

We also have more cops than we'd have , more drug dealers (not just in gangs), more prostitutes, more corrupt politicians and business people, more robbers (again, not necessarily actually gang affiliated just because they roll around high four) etc. etc.

Crime is a popular setting, good morning, Los Santos

28 minutes ago, DLimit said:

One must note that these are only recorded or reported gang members. It's a higher number.

Even if that's only recorded, the idea that you jump from 1/10th of 1% to 50% is so unrealistic the claim is insane. 

Also like @knppel said, everything is too high. If we forced people to use real life stats we'd have less than 1 gangster. Only about 15 Military Vets. Probably less than 10 business owners. The setting couldn't function. 

1 hour ago, TheSaintEaon said:

Edit:

came to my attention that u added this so i thought i'd respond, first of all, lets not call eachother stupid, i haven't insulted u once and am not going to.

The population of LA is 3.9 million, you're right. The number that the LAPD have is the amount of gang members they're aware of, as in the fact that there's gang members who haven't been documented yet out there, these statistics also leave out the countless past gang members who've gone to jail, died, or left the gang life altogether in search of an actual life, The reality is in in fact that kids join gangs every day, so the number grows every single day.

I guarantee you that if the LAPD were able to document every single gang member (Past or present, dead or alive, incarcerated or not) you'd be looking at a population that'd cover up at least half of Los Angeles. There's no way to accurately pinpoint the ammount of gang associates in LA at any given point, meaning that the population is more than likely much, much more than what the LAPD 'estimates'.

Edited by Garras Up
12 minutes ago, Garras Up said:

came to my attention that u added this so i thought i'd respond, first of all, lets not call eachother stupid, i haven't insulted u once and am not going to.

The population of LA is 3.9 million, you're right. The number that the LAPD have is the amount of gang members they're aware of, as in the fact that there's gang members who haven't been documented yet out there, these statistics also leave out the countless past gang members who've gone to jail, died, or left the gang life altogether in search of an actual life, The reality is in in fact that kids join gangs every day, so the number grows every single day.

I guarantee you that if the LAPD were able to document every single gang member (Past or present, dead or alive, incarcerated or not) you'd be looking at a population that'd cover up at least half of Los Angeles. There's no way to accurately pinpoint the ammount of gang associates in LA at any given point, meaning that the population is more than likely much, much more than what the LAPD 'estimates'.

Never called you stupid. Called your claim stupid, which it was, and still is. 

There's no way that 50% of LA is Gang Affiliated or aware of gangs. That's an insane thing to think. Even if the statistics don't include past gang members who've got to jail, died, or left the gang life you don't get close to that actual number. There's only 115 inmates in all of California in prison, so unless 100% of them are in prison for being in gangs, both male and female, the idea that they're simply in prison is out. And even if you do include 100% of all inmates, you're still only at like 2%. 

The math doesn't add up. The population numbers just aren't there. I'm sorry you're just wrong. 

5 minutes ago, TheSaintEaon said:

here's no way that 50% of LA is Gang Affiliated or aware of gangs. That's an insane thing to think.

Even more insane that it's true bro-bro.

6 minutes ago, TheSaintEaon said:

Even if the statistics don't include past gang members who've got to jail, died, or left the gang life you don't get close to that actual number.

I guarantee you if you added up every single gang member in Southern California alone, the numbers would be much higher than what you cited.

6 minutes ago, TheSaintEaon said:

There's only 115 inmates in all of California in prison, so unless 100% of them are in prison for being in gangs

there's much, much more than 115 people in jail in California bro. But yes, the vast majority of those incarcerated were likely part of, or still are part of a gang. If they don't join before they go, they join IN jail.

8 minutes ago, TheSaintEaon said:

both male and female, the idea that they're simply in prison is out. And even if you do include 100% of all inmates, you're still only at like 2%. 

The math doesn't add up. The population numbers just aren't there. I'm sorry you're just wrong. 

I'd really like to know where u get these numbers and why ur so confident with them. 😂 However, if you'd like to think that there's only 4 gang members in all of LA, that's up to you bro.

• Wuhtah locked this topic