What kind of roleplay is overplayed/overrated?

I think that the problem comes because of what type of game GTA is. It's about guns, cars and crimes, so most of GTA W players are interested into that kind of gameplay and that's why you see a lot of people roleplaying similar concepts. GTA W should try to get people who aren't really interested in GTA type of games, who would get the game (which is really cheap now) to participate in our roleplay community. 

20 year old lesbians that own 12 cheetas, have a stutter and german accent, own a 1 mil MP mansion, wear cat-ears, will 360 noscope you with their PF or call their goon squad to ERP you because they're characters past was abusive and they are ex navy seal.

8 hours ago, BigSleezy said:

20 year old lesbians that own 12 cheetas, have a stutter and german accent, own a 1 mil MP mansion, wear cat-ears, will 360 noscope you with their PF or call their goon squad to ERP you because they're characters past was abusive and they are ex navy seal.

If you have a house for sale in Davis or the rough part of town in general, my asexual lawyer lady with zero firearms safety skills and a shoddy hatchback is looking to buy a generally low quality house to complete her not-great portfolio.

Honestly the worst kind of roleplayers on this server are the insular roleplayers. 

You know the guys, I know the guys. 

They're any race or organization of character that refuses to RP with people outside of their Ethnicity/Faction. 

I think that's probably why a lot of Asian Characters get hate, because a lot of the time they don't really socialize outside of other Asian characters. (If you RP an Asian Character, this doesn't mean you specifically, just the whole of it generally). Also Asians aren't the only ones who do this. No one I RP with even bothers going into the hood to look for illegal weapons/drugs because at this point we assume that if we aren't immediately robbed, the dealers are just going to make some off handed comment about how we're under cover cops and tell us to fuck off rather than make some money. 

There's also a lot of High Society RP that also is pretty exclusive and private unless you're a scantily clad chick at which point they suddenly have all the drugs and free VIP passes you could want. 

Also in terms of the amount of people you see RPing any one job or race: 

To give it some perspective, America has a population of 328 Million people of which its estimated that around 1 million are involved in a gang of some sort. That's a whopping .3% of the population. That means in all of Los Santos, if we're maxed out on population, in order to not over represent gang members within our population, you are allowed to have 4.5 Gang Members. And that's if you assume National Number is the same as the local number. In reality its going to be much, much less. 

It's really kind of silly to argue about population when you look at that. Asian's make up 10% of LA's population? So the max Asians we can realistically have is 150 if we're at Max. One of their pinky toes can maybe be a gangster or street racer, but not the whole foot. 

Edited by TheSaintEaon
  • Wuhtah locked this topic