What kind of roleplay is overplayed/overrated?

20 hours ago, Lazarat said:

Lesbians are overrated as fuck.. If you go inside a club and shout fuck lesbians you will see 80% of the playerbase slide out their ak47 and ck you

People taking their OOC ire over 'lesbian role-players' IC is also overplayed. "Fuck lesbians" just isn't something you hear a normal person yell in a club. Alas, many players suffer from a weird superiority complex where they feel like they're above certain role-play. It seems like blatant homophobia, racism, misogyny, etcetra comes in abundance, when in real life such issues present themselves through a more covert medium of microaggressions.

14 minutes ago, Serendipity said:

People taking their OOC ire over 'lesbian role-players' IC is also overplayed. "Fuck lesbians" just isn't something you hear a normal person yell in a club. Alas, many players suffer from a weird superiority complex where they feel like they're above certain role-play. It seems like blatant homophobia, racism, misogyny, etcetra comes in abundance, when in real life such issues present themselves through a more covert medium of microaggressions.

I can tell you why is that. Cause some people play GTAO with text chat.

Cops versus Robbers.

It feels that a lot of players stick to either one, going as far as establishing a "them and us" mentality over it whilst exclusively sticking to one side for their entire time on the server. You are either a hardened criminal that exclusively engages in criminal activities or a cop that is married their job.

On 5/10/2021 at 5:01 PM, Akali said:

I feel like the most overrated roleplay that's not only overplayed, but saturating the market right now is white people.

Somehow everyone immigrated from Leeds, London, Paris, Berlin, Essex or Dublin (You know who I'm talking about...) to go to Los Santos to start a successful career as a stripper/guard/trucker/taxi driver. And I'm not just naming the jobs that they can do, it's the jobs they all actually do. You'll always find someone who's somehow a jack of all trades and knows how to fix a car, tend a bar and practice law without any typical background or depth to how they came to learn those trades.

If you go to a bar, the usual ethnicities are: White (65%) Asian (30%) Black (2.5%) Hispanic (5%). These percentages can shift depending on the bar and the area where the bar is, but White is usually the strong majority in these cases.

Ok bro, got it. Now I'll start RPing black. 

We're now being forced to RP either black or hispanic 🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Yoak said:

perfect characters, lemme see some idiots pls for once in a while play someone with proper flaws.

When I used to play an intentionally flawed illegal character (GDMC) that occasionally fucked up orders and allowed emotions to influence his decisions I was labeled a "passive RPer" as a snarky way to criticize my RP when my character wouldn't blindly murder people for reasons he didn't agree with.

A lot of people assume messing up IC is you being careless and/or an idiot OOC so I see why a lot of people might not want to take the risk, I agree we need to see more flawed characters though of course. 

On 5/9/2021 at 7:55 PM, DLimit said:

Another overplayed form of roleplay... being a person, in Los Santos (representing Los Angeles), that doesn't smoke marijuana.

Most overly played form of roleplay, People who still think Los Santos represents Los Angeles. 

For example, Canabis is still illegal in the state of San Andreas, While in Los Angels its legalized. 

Part IV - Category D

Controlled Substances under Category D are:

1. Cannabis

2. Cannabinoids

506. Possession Of A Controlled Substance (M)

Any person(s) who knowingly or unknowingly possess any controlled substance except when dispensed or prescribed by or under the direction of a person licensed by the state to dispense, prescribe, or administer controlled substances. The highest category in possession determines overall penalty

Shall be liable under a Class C offense only. Sentencing guidelines are located in the chart below.

Category

Punishment

A

A monetary fine of up to $4,500 and a term of imprisonment no greater than 20 hours.

B

A monetary fine of up to $3,750 and a term of imprisonment no greater than 15 hours.

C

A monetary fine of up to $3,000 and a term of imprisonment no greater than 10 hours.

D

A monetary fine of up to $2,250 and a written or verbal warning

T

A monetary fine of up to $500 and a written or verbal warning

Edited by Ryoichi
1 hour ago, born krazy said:

just dont roleplay British cause ur British and want to experience being in la bro

The thing is that,  here on GTA:W we've created our own "little world". And if we were to be more realistic and RP it as LA exactly is, the whole server would need a complete wipe and reset, and that will never work.

I've RPed mexican, italian, black, but i prefer RPing  what I know best, I don't just wanna hop on a random character and try to be realistic, as hard as I'd  try, I still probably wouldn't be as accurate.

Edited by redis
50 minutes ago, Ryoichi said:

Most overly played form of roleplay, People who still think Los Santos represents Los Angeles. 

For example, Canabis is still illegal in the state of San Andreas, While in Los Angels its legalized. 

Part IV - Category D

Controlled Substances under Category D are:

1. Cannabis

2. Cannabinoids

506. Possession Of A Controlled Substance (M)

Any person(s) who knowingly or unknowingly possess any controlled substance except when dispensed or prescribed by or under the direction of a person licensed by the state to dispense, prescribe, or administer controlled substances. The highest category in possession determines overall penalty

Shall be liable under a Class C offense only. Sentencing guidelines are located in the chart below.

Category

Punishment

A

A monetary fine of up to $4,500 and a term of imprisonment no greater than 20 hours.

B

A monetary fine of up to $3,750 and a term of imprisonment no greater than 15 hours.

C

A monetary fine of up to $3,000 and a term of imprisonment no greater than 10 hours.

D

A monetary fine of up to $2,250 and a written or verbal warning

T

A monetary fine of up to $500 and a written or verbal warning

Los Santos is it's own city, but it's THEME is based on Los Angeles, which is why factions are denied if they don't follow with the continuity of the "west-coast". Regardless as to whether it is illegal or legal, California has been known for it's massive weed consumption. Regardless as to whether it's Los Santos or Los Angeles, both cities have a high level of weed consumption.

I've known real-life teachers that were addicted to cocaine, real-life police officers that would steal marijuana for their own personal consumption (back when it was illegal), and real-life professors that are addicted to opiates.

This whole "I'm legal so I don't smoke weed" is very unrealistic, for most characters, especially in Los Santos, which it's theme revolves around Los Angeles.

Go say that to the admins if you don't think Los Santos is themed around Los Angeles...

Edited by DLimit
1 hour ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

A lot of people assume messing up IC is you being careless and/or an idiot OOC so I see why a lot of people might not want to take the risk, I agree we need to see more flawed characters though of course. 

That's the downfall of all RP. People don't understand messing up is all apart of fun.

Recently I had an interaction with someone where I rped messing something up. Was taken as me not knowing the knowledge ooc. big sadge.

• Wuhtah locked this topic