What kind of roleplay is overplayed/overrated?

13 hours ago, Shiro said:

90s niko bellic discount clothes wearing dudes sitting in front of shops or on street corners making it painfully obvious that there's some illegal mob shit going on there.

to be fair

there is one crew that is pretty much doing this in the entire city 🙂

• Upvote 7
9 hours ago, Imp said:

I also feel like mafia roleplay is so fucking overplayed, some people literally watch the Sopranos once, come here and start roleplaying that kinda stuff. I also find it weird that there's like seven crews in LS alone, when in real life - you'd probably have one or two running the entire city. I get that we won't ever really get close to a 1:1 ratio with real life stuff as was mentioned somewhere before my post, but at the very least - administration should go back to limiting how many crews are in the server, as well as MC's in my opinion.

Watches American History X once

Shaves head, gets a bike

Nathan Higgers says: Yo I hate black people. Hitler is my god.

• Upvote 1

characters with no long-term goals (opening a business, moving out the ghetto, finding a job), being made-to-order for factions and roles and then thrown by the wayside.

characters that literally do nothing but faction rp (gang rpers that only bang, cops that log on to be on duty, business owners logging in at their venue, /openbusinessing it and then logging off when empty.)

3 hour characters in blista compacts without plates picking fights with gang members and random pedestrians

underaged characters being portrayed as adults, fighting adults, flirting with adults and constantly trying to get into clubs where they dont belong

disabled characters. never disabled in a physically debilitating state (think wheelchair-bound), mostly either selectively mentally unstable or mute.

characters that speak 2+ languages. ++ if its asl despite them being euro expats that still talk in their ethnicity's most insulting, stereotypical accent

caucasian characters that speak a language from an entirely different alphabet (asian languages, cyrillic languages.)

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, AlphaBatal said:

characters with no long-term goals (opening a business, moving out the ghetto, finding a job), being made-to-order for factions and roles and then thrown by the wayside.

characters that literally do nothing but faction rp (gang rpers that only bang, cops that log on to be on duty, business owners logging in at their venue, /openbusinessing it and then logging off when empty.)

3 hour characters in blista compacts without plates picking fights with gang members and random pedestrians

underaged characters being portrayed as adults, fighting adults, flirting with adults and constantly trying to get into clubs where they dont belong

disabled characters. never disabled in a physically debilitating state (think wheelchair-bound), mostly either selectively mentally unstable or mute.

characters that speak 2+ languages. ++ if its asl despite them being euro expats that still talk in their ethnicity's most insulting, stereotypical accent

caucasian characters that speak a language from an entirely different alphabet (asian languages, cyrillic languages.)

that's literally like 60% of the playerbase rn

18 hours ago, DLimit said:

The topic is "what is overplayed" not "what should we ban". Asians are overplayed, and the fact remains the same.

I dunno man you tried bringing statistics into it so I did the same. I don’t think they’re that overplayed. Sure some people role play Asians to cringy extents but then that’s another issue.

• Wuhtah locked this topic