What kind of roleplay is overplayed/overrated?

12 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Bourgeois-looking lounges, every where. Too many "up-scale" businesses and too minimal low-scale businesses that appeal to the average person.

I have NEVER entered a coffee shop that looks like 90% of the coffee shops on this server.

EDIT: Most coffee shops look like something you'd find in Europe, not the U.S.

We need more bodegas, greasy spoons, dives, mom n' pops. No matter how good the mapping is, it's variations on a theme: clean, polished, pretentious, aimed at young Dubai expats. There's this freaky international, airport quality to a lot of businesses.

Since I've put bars over the windows and doors of my business, it's been Mallrat repellent. I love that part. What upsets me is that that means that most walk-ins to a business are expecting that kind of premium experience. I can sort of understand it with clubs—we're trying to escape reality and the mappers are trying to "wow" their clients and their client's client—but why are we afraid of visiting the kinds of places we do in real life? Even if Los Angeles is gentrifying and gentrifying fast, it doesn't mean regular people don't work and play there.

What I think is overplayed is when people in expensive outfits come in to my shitty bar and ask for to-go coffees at 11 AM, instead of just leaving once they realize they shouldn't have gone in there in the first place.

13 minutes ago, Smilesville said:

Characters under 30.

It's actually impossible for me to hit on anyone at a bar. Los Santos is 21 going on 17.

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, Imp said:

And annoying ass DJ's that speak every two seconds. Hate that.

Hahaha, this one hits close to home because I do use intercom a lot, but I do try to do it at particular moments to hype up the crowd a bit or encourage them to emote a bit. Some people shout out the song's lyrics like it was a karaoke bar and it's absolutely excessive.

Anyway, back on topic: British people. It feels weird to have every other character out there come from England without most of them having actual long-term goals that made them move.

I'd believe someone moving because they have a specialized education (e.g. a surgeon) because it pays well and hospitals have prestige. I'd even believe that you cane to try and make it in Vinewood as an actress and wait tables waiting for auditions.

It just feels kinda weird to think that brits are migrating across the ocean in DROVES to become NEETs in America (which would get them deported) and kinda wing it.

Robotic police officers with boring, soulless emotes beanbagging, tazing and ramming you if you decide to run after commiting a minor offense
Grey haired lesbian strippers with depression, pf license and supercar
Mass murdering 15 y/o saweetie lookalike gang females outbanging their male homeboys
Hardass gangbanger with no personality except for his savageness and lack of fear of basically every possible threat
Flawless overly pretty female with an hourglass shaped body and cat ears
Muscle car driving caucasian male who's a mechanic, store clerk, bouncer and a bartender at the same time

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic