What kind of roleplay is overplayed/overrated?

5 hours ago, Greyfeather said:

Bad boy gang banger, who keeps it real for his community, is a certifiable ladies men, has been to prison for murdering people...and yet still has a heart of gold. 

And a record label behind him (optional). 

When this is RPd well, it's great and I find my character having some really engaging conversations with charismatic guys, but it's such a cookie cutter thing that, if it's not RPd well, it's really noticeable.

I feel injured from this one, LMAO.

For me, the most overplayed concept is definitely sluttish RP. No, NOT ALL sluts are mallrats, but it's ridiculous seeing some people go out of their way to enjoy eRP. It's a trait in men and women, but less around men. Men are just horny, women are literally begging for sex in scenarios, where nobody would think it'd do any good. Also, some of them never either experienced sex, are IRL guys or are like that IRL as well. It's just very weird, currently, the server female pop consists of three sorts of women:

Sluts 40%

Mallrats 40%

and good RPers 20%

Any type of gang RP, where the individuals are not able to portray gangsters, but have to go with the flow of the server and turn into literal mallrats even if their characters would've looked fine before, without all the unnecessary. Sure, the time moves on, but it does appear very often.

6 minutes ago, bonk said:

image.png.c46487da8c60551d5a5c0ebe6a986a55.png

10% compared to 40%-47%, when the server probably has equal or even more Asians than Hispanics, blacks (this one's fine), or whites. The ratio is off, which is why I had stated this.

Instead of one Asian per ten people? It's one White or Hispanic for ever 2 Asians*.

As for Eastern-European? Don't get me started.

Edited by DLimit
1 minute ago, DLimit said:

10% compared to 40%-47%, when the server probably has equal or even more Asians than Hispanics, blacks, or whites. The ratio is off, which is why I had stated this.

You could argue the same with the amount of black characters there are in LS. I'd argue 40% of the server role play black, despite the fact that there are less blacks than Asian's in LA.

Who cares, let people role play what type of characters they want to unless if they're role playing them unrealistically/a terrible concept. You're never going to have a 100% close distinction between real life demographics and in-game ones.

• Applaud 1
6 hours ago, Shiro said:

90s niko bellic discount clothes wearing dudes sitting in front of shops or on street corners making it painfully obvious that there's some illegal mob shit going on there.

6 hours ago, bncal said:

and this

People hanging around outside in areas that they frequent is considered bad RP?

Ya'll don't get outside much IRL, huh? Expand your horizons, go to LA and check out what their street corners look like.

Edited by NickyW
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, bonk said:

You could argue the same with the amount of black characters there are in LS. I'd argue 40% of the server role play black, despite the fact that there are less blacks than Asian's in LA.

Who cares, let people role play what type of characters they want to unless if they're role playing them unrealistically/a terrible concept. You're never going to have a 100% close distinction between real life demographics and in-game ones.

The topic is "what is overplayed" not "what should we ban". Asians are overplayed, and the fact remains the same.

Just now, NickyW said:

People hanging around outside in areas that they frequent is considered bad RP?

Ya'll don't get outside much IRL, do you? Expand your horizons, go to LA and check out what their street corners look like.

we are talking of stereotypes, y'all don't read much irl, do you?

Just now, bncal said:

we are talking of stereotypes, y'all don't read much irl, do you?

Ethnic groups tend to stick together, especially older generations, within areas that are frequented by these groups. It's not a stereotype, but a conclusion formulated by tons of studies regarding migrants in North-America. 

I also feel like mafia roleplay is so fucking overplayed, some people literally watch the Sopranos once, come here and start roleplaying that kinda stuff. I also find it weird that there's like seven crews in LS alone, when in real life - you'd probably have one or two running the entire city. I get that we won't ever really get close to a 1:1 ratio with real life stuff as was mentioned somewhere before my post, but at the very least - administration should go back to limiting how many crews are in the server, as well as MC's in my opinion.

• Upvote 2
  • Wuhtah locked this topic