Remove the nametags! "Who are you?"

Perfectum

So what if something happens and you need to report them, outside of damages? Think about unrealistic behavior through driving, Olympic swimming etcetera.

What if you all look nearly the same due faction clothing / peds or when you are in a vehicle? You only see text at that moment, no voices that you can OOC recognize. 

I'm strongly against this. Some people also have issues with their short term memory and can't remember aliases or player IDs well enough to make sure that it's actually them. 

Other points have been made by Joe that I agree with. 

idk man i dont mind the current system. if i cant remember if know someone or not i just go "hey mens am i knowed you or no? am not seen long" and if th ey say yh i am like "oh yes long time no see" and if they say no its "oh men u look so similar"

feel like this just adds unnecessary complication, esp if u consider ppl who would be easily recognizable like the mayor 

You cannot have unique names all names above players heads have to be server wide. 

While I would like to see a system that removes metagame as much as possible I feel that this has too many downsides in being able to identify people that you actually know. 

I feel like people are just afraid of people breaking the rules.  There hasnt been a report in several weeks.  We’re close- thanks to the playerbase growing, but... quite a few weeks.  Not bad for a server that peaks at fifty daily.

Listen...  People are gonna break the rules.  Thats why we have logs.  People are gonna deathmatch thats why we have logs.  The point of getting rid of nametags or being able to ID someone to your own recognition is being able to do things in a more realistic manner and encourage more ROLEPLAY.

If people are too scared of rulebreakers to at least TRY new things, perhaps realistic heavy roleplay is not for you.  People can argue and argue and argue the rulebreaking thing till they’re blue in the face and I would still say this is a step in the right direction.

It will eliminate nametag metagaming.  It will eliminate poor screenshots for those who crop.  It will make people want to RP more.  Reporting people will be not hard at all because you got their permenant ID PLUS what your own personal label is for them.

This can be done and the rulebreakers will still get theirs.  Stop being scared to try. :)

Edited by Cici
1 hour ago, Cici said:

I feel like people are just afraid of people breaking the rules.  There hasnt been a report in several weeks.  We’re close- thanks to the playerbase growing, but... quite a few weeks.  Not bad for a server that peaks at fifty daily.

Listen...  People are gonna break the rules.  Thats why we have logs.  People are gonna deathmatch thats why we have logs.  The point of getting rid of nametags or being able to ID someone to your own recognition is being able to do things in a more realistic manner and encourage more ROLEPLAY.

If people are too scared of rulebreakers to at least TRY new things, perhaps realistic heavy roleplay is not for you.  People can argue and argue and argue the rulebreaking thing till they’re blue in the face and I would still say this is a step in the right direction.

It will eliminate nametag metagaming.  It will eliminate poor screenshots for those who crop.  It will make people want to RP more.  Reporting people will be not hard at all because you got their permenant ID PLUS what your own personal label is for them.

This can be done and the rulebreakers will still get theirs.  Stop being scared to try. :)

I personally like the idea, if it can be done right it could be gold.

I would remove nametags If I could have clientside nametags, that means If the nametag you see wasn't shared across the whole server to everyone. So /alias ID would rename the guy and you would see the name you wrote, it would be dope. But GTMP does not allow that for now, so it's impossible. I don't want to see IDs running everywhere and you need to write down by yourself who is who.