How do you RP the economy?

Busch

I reject the reality of the server's economy and work with IRL equivalent pricing when it pertains to my assets in order to make sense of both them and my character. Subsequently, I avoid talking much about it (the economy) in-game/in-character.

I'm sorry, but like people have already suggested, I refuse to role play a decked out R32 GT-R to be worth more than a nice penthouse in Downtown. I also refuse to acknowledge that a county side mechanic consistently earns more than a cocaine smuggler.

Edited by SCANDALOUZ
  • Upvote 1

The same. Government factions saying shit like "our employees make 35000 dollars a week" is objectively subpar roleplay. There's no lore that makes SA using a different currency than the rest of the US acceptable.

We might as switch the script currency with dogecoins and it would make a lot more sense.

Edited by arrdef
  • Upvote 1

Really confused as to how to roleplay the economy as a new player. The server should create a group of people dedicated to solving this since the economy is a very big part of the server it should be defined properly not for everyone to interpret for themselves differently.

To be honest the economy is currently the only thing wrong with the server so it should be top priorty to be defined and explained, maybe even fixed?

Edited by Rasta

After getting myself some more experience in the server, I think I've come to the same conclusion as others have mentioned in this thread: I just generally ignore the numbers.

I keep my immersion by just ignoring the values and just going with the scene, because if I think too much about it, I'll be seeing baristas making 20.000 a night, truckers making 50.000 a day and strippers getting tips around 10.000, while some residences are priced around 100.000 ~ 200.000. It is generally hard to keep yourself immersed if you think values too much. 

At least until this is "fixed" and the values for everything are brought down to a realistic level (along with scripted jobs payment), the solution I've found for myself was just to not burn my head too much trying to make sense of the values people throw around, it is what it is, so don't give it more attention than you should.

On 6/6/2021 at 7:19 PM, Matt - said:

Currently my character owns a Raiden. Am I meant to RP that costing more (almost twice as much) than a huge penthouse in the middle of the city? Just wondering what other peoples views on this are.

Some cars cost way too much. I don't know why they put such crazy numbers. What's the most expensive house ingame? 325,000 $ ? There are cars more expensive than that. It's wild.

Just about every car above 70,000$ is overpriced.

On 6/7/2021 at 9:38 PM, Clout said:

RPing getting 10k and actually talking about it IC like "Yeah, I get around 10 grand an hour" is a fucking disaster. 

In developing countries 10K of local currency isn't usually a lot of money. Los Santos has the crime rate worse than any poor country, make sense to have the economy of a poor country too!

• Thanks 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic