drug dealing

Pettie

47 minutes ago, Sixty said:

Which I never understood because it would in fact INVIGORATE the drug market. You think in places like Colorado weed still doesn’t get dealt on the street even though there are dispensaries? Give me a break lol. 

People barely buy weed from drug dealers as is because they don't wanna be "criminals" IC, legalizing weed wouldn't have helped the drug economy at all it would have complete ruined it. No one would ever buy enough at once to reach the legal limit and still want more from the local drug dealers. Your taking any RP that drug dealer have or would have and sending it over to a scripted dispensary. 

I keep saying this on multiple threads, this is a video game. People RP drug dealers because they want to RP shady ass drug dealers, they aren't doing it because they have some deeper love for weed which they'll eventually turn into a career once legalization passes. 

56 minutes ago, Smilesville said:

We've overhauled the drug system so many times at this point. Doing it again isn't the answer.

We've overhauled the drug economy only twice on this server. Once to introduce a wider variety of drugs like PCP, molly, oxy's, etc and again to add the ability to cut drugs into new products and test their purity. I don't know where your getting this "So many times" from. Neither updates addressed drug attributes or addiction the two systems we need. 

59 minutes ago, Smilesville said:

I'm happy to be proven wrong if that day comes - but until then? Drug RP is a lost cause, and has been since the day of its inception.

You know I'm starting to get the feeling that your objections to future drug updates has nothing to do with you having a factually based stance and is solely based on your unreasonable hatred for criminal RPers and everything they could possibly want. 

• Upvote 1

Generally just comes down to the scene I suppose. The dealers my character keeps in contact with are generally characters played by people who are really into the dirty roleplay side of things. It’s about the roleplay, the drugs are just a catalyst of sorts. There is a piece of the pie in every taste though. Whether you’re in it for money or whatever. Pick and choose type of thing

29 minutes ago, Henning said:

We've overhauled the drug economy only twice on this server. Once to introduce a wider variety of drugs like PCP, molly, oxy's, etc and again to add the ability to cut drugs into new products and test their purity. I don't know where your getting this "So many times" from. Neither updates addressed drug attributes or addiction the two systems we need. 

Yes, because adding drawbacks is going to make the system that much more popular. Do you listen to yourself?

29 minutes ago, Henning said:

You know I'm starting to get the feeling that your objections to future drug updates has nothing to do with you having a factually based stance and is solely based on your unreasonable hatred for criminal RPers and everything they could possibly want. 

And I'm starting to think your constant refusal to look at the problem has nothing to do with me and everything to do with the way you pitch a fit when someone has an opinion that differs from yours. 🤡

Update it all you like. Add colored filters, stat bonuses, addiction penalties - it doesn't matter. We'll be in this same exact place discussing the same exact problem and some genius will suggest we overhaul the drug system again.

The system isn't the problem. The culture of the players pushing drugs is the problem.

Edited by Smilesville

I agree the current drug system is definitely over saturated, however drugs bring a /lot/ of rp to the server. Just because some new player gave you one bad experience doesn't mean that the whole illegal side of the server is like that.

3 hours ago, Kyleb said:

I agree the current drug system is definitely over saturated, however drugs bring a /lot/ of rp to the server. Just because some new player gave you one bad experience doesn't mean that the whole illegal side of the server is like that.

How many bad experiences have to happen before it means "the whole illegal side of the server is like that?"

Again, I have no reason to believe the individuals claiming lack of involvement in that sort of nonsense aren't being truthful - but at some point, if you acknowledge there's a lack of drug use and understand most of the player base has had these extremely negative interactions without trying to bridge that gap somehow?

I would question how much you really care about drug RP.

If you've already built a network of customers and don't have these problems because your clients know you won't try to rob them? You're not really concerned by the whining that things aren't fair.

My character is trying to be an honest-to-god drug dealer and not much else. I'm a poor drug-dealing corner boy, but the amount of expensive SUVs that pull up and try to score a brick of pure cocaine from a teenage crack dealer is frankly ridiculous. I sell the drugs at very little profit, and sometimes I take a loss just so that I can build up a bit of a reputation for the corner I sell my drugs at.

I'd love to see some dealer/addicts out there, or just plain simple addicts trying to run around and score hits. But it's very boring being an addict character when there's not a lot of people around with similar socio-economic status to roleplay getting high underneath a bridge with.

Edited by shaqr
  • Wuhtah locked this topic