drug dealing

Pettie

49 minutes ago, Smilesville said:

They rob everyone who doesn't buy from them and then cry about how nobody wants to buy from them. 🤡

Or they rob you even if you do buy from them. Saw a report like that more than once. They sold drugs, then "tracked them down later on" and robbed them of the money and drugs. Then they report the person for non-fear RP after screwing them over. Makes me want to buy drugs alright.

Someone please fill in the blanks here because in my experience drug dealing isn't often normalized to where you can make connections as a character that isn't in or affiliated with an illegal faction. Like if I go to a club or someone's house, there aren't many people willing to deal with normal characters and not just those affiliated with the faction. I always hear those who complain about getting robbed or scammed of both the drugs and money or the gun or something. It's hardly ever a legit deal.

I get that these things happen, but they happen so often here that it basically ruins the entire idea and experience. I'd be happy to become a regular if I knew I wasn't going to be tracked down, robbed and beaten the next day. It's happened to me several times over the course of the last 2 years, even when making connections through people I knew for a while IC'ly.  So if it happens once or twice IC'ly, I won't do it again. There goes your customer. If you want people to actually use something for their benefit, stop scamming every customer you find. There are people who want to RP these things, but the downsides aren't worth it. To the few factions who may do this correctly, I commend you. It's a shame there are more bad apples that ruin it for everyone else. That's why I stopped trying months back. It always ended the same. I'm sure I'm not the only one either.

Edited by Sixty
  • Upvote 1
51 minutes ago, Smilesville said:

They rob everyone who doesn't buy from them and then cry about how nobody wants to buy from them. 🤡

19 minutes ago, Sixty said:

Or they rob you even if you do buy from them. Saw a report like that more than once. They sold drugs, then "tracked them down later on" and robbed them of the money and drugs. Then they report the person for non-fear RP after screwing them over. Makes me want to buy drugs alright.

Someone please fill in the blanks here because in my experience drug dealing isn't often normalized to where you can make connections as a character that isn't in or affiliated with an illegal faction. Like if I go to a club or someone's house, there aren't many people willing to deal with normal characters and not just those affiliated with the faction. I always hear those who complain about getting robbed or scammed of both the drugs and money or the gun or something. It's never a legit deal. I get that these things happen, but they happen so often here that it basically ruins the entire thing. I'd be happy to become a regular if I knew I wasn't going to be tracked down, robbed and beaten the next day. It's happened to me several times over the course of the last 2 years, even when making connections through people I knew for a while IC'ly.  So if it happens once or twice IC'ly, I won't do it again. There goes your customer. If you want people to actually use something for their benefit, stop scamming every customer you find. There are people who want to RP these things, but the downsides aren't worth it. To the few factions who may do this correctly, I commend you. It's a shame there are more bad apples that ruin it for everyone else.

This exact reason is why the drug market is in shambles and non-existent. Admins veto'd a congress bill (IC) to legalize weed with claims of ruining the drug market which really does not exist.

Then the illegal RPers wonder why no one buys from them.

Edited by Vash Baldeus

Okay, simply put IRL in the US drug dealing is typically done over the phone & social media when on GTA:W it's done sometimes on a corner, which isn't as common IRL today due to technology/social media as it was in the 2000s. Anyways, I do agree it is unrealistic to ask a random near a cop and get offended if they say no...but IRL if you're in that sort of neighborhood and look like you don't fit there, you'll probably get asked if you need to be served. If your character has no business being in that sort of neighborhood, don't go there. Someone will probably try to serve you. 

I do agree with OP; the system is not influencing anyone and there are some changes needed to spark that inspiration in the illegal RP world. 

46 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

This exact reason is why the drug market is in shambles and non-existent. Admins veto'd a congress bill (IC) to legalize weed with claims of ruining the drug market which really does not exist.

Then the illegal RPers wonder why no one buys from them.

Which I never understood because it would in fact INVIGORATE the drug market. You think in places like Colorado weed still doesn’t get dealt on the street even though there are dispensaries? Give me a break lol. 

Just now, Sixty said:

Which I never understood because it would in fact INVIGORATE the drug market. You think in places like Colorado weed still doesn’t get dealt on the street even though there are dispensaries? Give me a break lol. 

Exactly, dispensary would cost more as the gov' taxes shit so..

2 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Exactly, dispensary would cost more as the gov' taxes shit so..

Dispensaries have purchasing limits. It’s quite simple. Once that limit is reached, where do you think people will turn to? Lol

11 minutes ago, Ronnie two poles said:

I do agree with OP; the system is not influencing anyone and there are some changes needed to spark that inspiration in the illegal RP world. 

We've overhauled the drug system so many times at this point. Doing it again isn't the answer.

The change really starts with players selling the drugs. They'll say "I've never robbed someone after dealing drugs to them," and I have no reason to doubt that for any given individual - but so many interactions with drug pushers end so poorly that it's no wonder legal players avoid them like the plague. The culture surrounding illegal RP has to change, and that's not something anyone can change but the same illegal RPers.

You'd need an illegal faction to coordinate across time zones well enough to police their own turf and stop the aforementioned interactions from taking place to start building trust with their customers - and just reading that, you're probably as skeptical of that ever happening as I am.

I'm happy to be proven wrong if that day comes - but until then? Drug RP is a lost cause, and has been since the day of its inception.

• Upvote 2

I mean to be honest, selling drugs on Facebrowser ((Drug dealers don't really stand on corners anymore like a scene from the wire anymore, well it happens but most dealers nowadays will have an IG or a snapchat for flipping shit.)) works for me. Although it doesn't bring as much as profit and is chump change compared to working at a 24/7 unless your selling for an affordable price (like 100$) and the connect you buy from sells for cheap. 

2 hours ago, Smilesville said:

"They" don't put everyone in one category bro, personally I wouldn't rob my cliental even for large sums cause that's basically how my character maintains and eats, that's like basically forcing my character into a more fucked up situation on purpose. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic