What kind of roleplay is overlooked/underrated?

On 10/9/2021 at 3:40 AM, ChromaticDeath said:

roleplaying proper wealth/success without being under 30-35 years old and owning multiple sports cars, owning a house without a mortgage off the money made from owning a coffee shop, or who is an avatar of ideal self

the vast majority of "rich" characters i've run into have been so egregious it makes playing a wealthy character suck because guilt by association

I highly agree with this, there is an extremely low amount of people properly roleplaying older and wealthier characters properly, which makes it really hard to find similar people to roleplay with if you're in that niche.

Actual labor characters. It's just so sad to see almost none of the players developing working characters, even if they're low level criminals, that's still a thing. You'd have a job for a moment, as a quick fix, if you needed, until you actually get into it. But people always just pretend to roleplay this. They don't actually get an IC'ly job for somebody and start doing actual labor, working hand and all of that.

And, come on, it's pretty interesting to see a character develop himself out of a broken an ass to getting money. We barely see that too... Those are the most underrated roleplay, really, besides the whole jail/addict example which of course are not only underrated but needed.

6 hours ago, PrinceCane said:

People are free to roleplay whatever they please but I've never seen anyone roleplay any process for US Citizenship/Green Card when first coming to LS from another country.

I did on my Jamaican character, actually, and it was the main reason he was very quick to get a job at PHMC after graduating from ULSA as a Nurse (to secure his stay in the country). When that character got politically active and the Democrats wanted him to run for office, he was quick to remind everyone that he wasn't a citizen, lmao. I know of another PHMC member who RPed an asian woman also struggling with getting Citizenship. We discussed it IC a couple times, real fun, makes for really good passive RP.

Edited by Koko
  • Upvote 2
On 10/13/2021 at 6:27 AM, PrinceCane said:

People are free to roleplay whatever they please but I've never seen anyone roleplay any process for US Citizenship/Green Card when first coming to LS from another country.

My old lady character was smuggled by her boyfriend from Mexico. 

• Upvote 1
On 10/13/2021 at 6:27 AM, PrinceCane said:

They exist, but are incredibly rare. Maybe 6 of them every year or so.

I've recently returned onto the server and I have been rapidly noticing a bunch of amazing opportunities and concepts for people to roleplay. I'll list some that come to mind below.

1. Investor roleplay - Perhaps due to the lack of an actual opportunities, but it would be interesting to see more of.
  2. Construction roleplay - I am currently in the process of trying to make this work, but there are a lot of obstacles for it and a severe lack of people interested.
  3. Large store chain roleplay - Also thinking about making something like this. Would be interesting to see a large chain of stores
  4. Corporate hierarchy roleplay - Some companies do this very well, Bluewater Logistics for example. It's a very interesting concept and adds onto the business aspect of companies. Add a hierarchy with chairmen, managers, etc.
1 hour ago, nateX said:

Investor roleplay - Perhaps due to the lack of an actual opportunities, but it would be interesting to see more of.

It's hard because in order to invest (and take actual risks), you need to upfront the money. Which means you need to have a lot of money 😛

But I'd love for that to be a thing ^^ I know of a lot of people who have/had cool business ideas, that had to be given up on because of the upfront cost :x So it would definitely be cool to see that happen!

1 hour ago, nateX said:

Corporate hierarchy roleplay - Some companies do this very well, Bluewater Logistics for example. It's a very interesting concept and adds onto the business aspect of companies. Add a hierarchy with chairmen, managers, etc.

Yes! There also seems to be a big empty gap for its illegal counterpart, crime syndicates. The kind that dabble in white collar crime and have loose ties with gangs/mafias, there were a few of those back in the day and they were pretty cool to play with 🙂 

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic