What kind of roleplay is overlooked/underrated?

17 minutes ago, Ronnie two poles said:

ima say it again for the ppl in the back:

good leo investigative rp. we need more good leo investigative factions. server keeps growing. 

Unfortunately it's not as easy as saying this.

I've been on the end that investigates and... This server kind of leaves it to be desired.

2 hours ago, Glitch said:

Unfortunately it's not as easy as saying this.

I've been on the end that investigates and... This server kind of leaves it to be desired.

Evidence is difficult to acquire, and there is a rampant dishonesty when it comes to getting the actual truth surrounding a crime. Too often it boils down to time consuming requests to have admins scour logs and verify explanations.

One of my very first court cases involved aan bring charged for murder based on the victim's OOC description of what happened, only... he didn't provide any actual evidence to support it. No pictures, no logs, nothing at all. Worse, his story didn't add up, and when asked further, he said "I don't really remember the incident that happened last night." and then refused to answer any more questions. Logs didn't show anything, so we were required to proceed with a court trial that had literally no actual evidence of the incident.

Another case, the suspect claimed he couldn't be identified because he "wore his sleeves over his hands and didn't breathe", and that he didn't leave any hair or any evidence.

I don't envy the detectives of this server. They're fun to hang out with, but goddamn is there job difficult...

On 5/9/2021 at 5:25 AM, Ronnie two poles said:

Passive law enforcement; something I've always wanted to get highly involved in, developing a story/character off-duty correctly along with developing on duty in a passive manor and not being a beat zip cop is something that has always struck my interest. Which is why I'm glad to see the Rangers tbh.  

Being able to do on duty rp and off duty rp is fun and breaks up my roleplay as a cop. It baffles me that passive rp is heavily encouraged by LEO factions but not practiced by most of the rpers, including higher up.

Most of my illegal rp is done out in the county. I avoid the clubs and Davis area as much as possible these days.

i don't roleplay this personally mostly because i could never do it justice with my vanilla af civilian roleplay style but the realistic junkie/drug addict roleplayers who do it well have some of the most tragically beautiful character threads i've seen on a roleplay server (that justine one in particular is sick honestly)

also just in general, realistic characters with well thought out out backstories. you can always, always, always tell when you come across these characters because even the limited interactions you have with them are really memorable.  i always think back to the interaction my main character had with a tongnvan sapr ranger who was portrayed by someone who is clearly a very gifted writer.

it's a real talent to be able to portray realistic characters who manage to get around the pitfalls of being realistically boring without projecting yourself onto them and substituting their personality for your own, i admire anyone who can do it well

Edited by books
  • Upvote 1
On 7/17/2021 at 3:29 PM, Birdie said:

Family roleplay, totally underrated. It's so much fun to have siblings/cousins/aunts or uncles. It can give a great dynamic. 

Imagine being an important legal figure but having a little brother/sister that just got arrested with a DUI. 👀

Or a gangbanger with an uncle who is a cop.

Possibilities are endless.

I think that would be cool but it's really hard to set up and keep going with other players.  You have to know people who want to do it, align their character backgrounds, have trust that they won't embarass you with bad RP further down the line and hope they stick around so that it's all worth it for more than like 2 weeks.  But I suppose if you find some good buddies you like and it all fits into place then it would be great.

On 6/6/2021 at 10:01 AM, thekillergreece said:

Passive LEO RP with community engagement.

Something I personally have been doing. Community Engagement Division opened earlier this month & we’re hoping to increase the amount of officers doing it.

On 8/20/2021 at 6:10 PM, Ronnie two poles said:

ima say it again for the ppl in the back:

good leo investigative rp. we need more good leo investigative factions. server keeps growing. 

You can't have good investigative rp when fingerprints and hair and dead skin have to be obtained through OOC means and cars don't have bullet holes in them unless you were there when they were shot up. No one wants to have to hunt down X person to play an OOC game of 20 questions about what happened and what would be found.

• Wuhtah locked this topic