What kind of roleplay is overlooked/underrated?

On 6/6/2021 at 12:26 PM, sCrax said:

Civilian roleplay in gang infested environment. Gangbangers that actually work a 9 to 5 job and have other hobbies besides throwing hands with their homies and standing on a corner all day.

this.

shit isnt black and white, its shades of grey. gangbangers work too, civilians commit crimes of opportunity too

Characters that don't play off a stereotypical archetype. My countryside character is a San Andreas native Mexican who was raised from childhood by a conservative, republican white guy. As a result of this, my character is the total opposite of a lot of the Hispanic characters on the server - very family oriented, hates illegals, "Get Sleepy Joe out of the White House", and an extremely hard worker. I'd say somewhat cliche, but still worth a mention - my character's upbringing causes him to be a very non 2D criminal because he has a hard time doing anything that endangers women and children. Meaning if he's down bad, he'll hit a robbery on an out-of-towner, but if it's a woman, chances are he won't. 

Unless you're a mallrat lesbian from the city coming to fish in a sports car. I don't consider those roleplay characters and they're fair game. 

• Upvote 3

I roleplay as an elder man from time to time, it just gets really annoying to role play an old man when most of the people just act like you're 21. But I had some fun last night, found some good people to roleplay with and they said they love my roleplay. Anyways, more old people roleplay, maybe someone start a home for elder people, like that would be sick.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

Family roleplay, totally underrated. It's so much fun to have siblings/cousins/aunts or uncles. It can give a great dynamic. 

Imagine being an important legal figure but having a little brother/sister that just got arrested with a DUI. 👀

Or a gangbanger with an uncle who is a cop.

Possibilities are endless.

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1

fear rp, people genuinely rping fear correctly is really cool to see, not just gun fear but when you're approached by a generally intimidating group of people / person (eg: long time gang member or something of the sorts), or fear of the police, too many people just kinda shove it in the police's face regardless of their character being afraid of getting locked up, ya know? u see people commit a crime and then drive around 10 minutes later, instead of going in hiding and actually being fearful of jail time.

21 hours ago, Redempted said:

fear rp, people genuinely rping fear correctly is really cool to see, not just gun fear but when you're approached by a generally intimidating group of people / person (eg: long time gang member or something of the sorts), or fear of the police, too many people just kinda shove it in the police's face regardless of their character being afraid of getting locked up, ya know? u see people commit a crime and then drive around 10 minutes later, instead of going in hiding and actually being fearful of jail time.

This is the most underrated. Some, if not most, of the illegal RPers look at fear RP as fear of gun RP only. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic