What kind of roleplay is overlooked/underrated?

6 minutes ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

Good bartender RP. Someone that isn't just pouring "a whiskey" and has some knowledge about different drinks.

I don't know... Nearly every bar I've been to seem to have capable bartenders who has some knowledge on drinks.

52 minutes ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

Good bartender RP. Someone that isn't just pouring "a whiskey" and has some knowledge about different drinks.

I do bartending on the side on my Sandy character for a couple of friends' places and my character doesn't know shit about mixed drinks. You get something out of a bottle or something and Coke. That's all. None of that fruity bull.

But to answer the OP, legal fronts. I want to see more illegal characters do legal things in their day to day life.

Edited by Dom.
1 hour ago, ScarletRose said:

I don't know... Nearly every bar I've been to seem to have capable bartenders who has some knowledge on drinks.

Wish I could agree, been to a handful where the roleplay is literally “/me pours the ingredients in a glass” followed by “/me adds mix to another glass.” Then you’d receive either no item at all or something entirely unrelated like a beer for a cocktail.

5 hours ago, Earlll said:

Engaging with the homeless (which again no one ever roleplays). 

Hello, I roleplay a homeless character, not as my main, granted. 

I just wish people would stop walking up to me and offering me a house, a car or a boatload of money, I appreciate their kindness, I really do, but I don’t wanna ruin my character’s story like that. 

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1

I gave this thread some more thought and here is what comes to mind for me:

Purposely taking an L to provide roleplay for someone else - I know that by nature people tend to slide into a “win by all means” mindset and I’d HIGHLY urge people to abandon that as much as they can. Some of the most memorable RP I’ve had when characters have taken an L. Whether it’s having your boat break down so FD can come rescue you, getting sick, or going along with a clear scam that’s the other person put a noticeable amount of effort into can be just as fulfilling as “winning” RP. 

Niches - I’ve always believed that niche characters give RP a nice flair. I find the strange quirks extremely refreshing and entertaining. Characters like Big Zaddy, Rhonda Farrow, Dorris Malloway(rip) are some of the most known for this category and some of the best RP’d characters in my opinion. I know niches often get a bad wrap and are quick to be labeled as cringe but I personally view them as my favorite and I’ll stand by that. 

Non-criminal villains - I think people who can portray their character as an asshole or villain while maintaining a civilian lifestyle are actually pretty underrated. For example, there’s this person who RP’s as some snobby, high fashion, cold woman who doesn’t hide her feelings that I think does an excellent job at her portrayal (Can’t think of the name to save my life). Unfortunately I think people take offense a lot of the interactions at an OOC level. 

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1

Costumed entertainers. In a city that's supposed to be all about show business, nightlife and entertainment. I've seen a lack of characters who busk in the street or are professional entertainers in unique costumes. Only seen one other guy in a pink tron getup doing this, shoutout to him.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/11/2021 at 9:47 PM, PunishedCosby said:

Costumed entertainers. In a city that's supposed to be all about show business, nightlife and entertainment. I've seen a lack of characters who busk in the street or are professional entertainers in unique costumes. Only seen one other guy in a pink tron getup doing this, shoutout to him.

Agreed.

Screenshot_596.png

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic