Donation option for property protection

eTaylor

Offer the option to purchase property inactivity protection as is under gold and platinum separately. Right now if you just want the protection because your work schedule exceeds the 14 day limit you can at least purchase protection without purchasing a bunch of other things that you rarely use.

It’d just be a quality of life thing for a small group of people. Sometimes I have periods where I have one weekend off every other or second weekend. This means that I’d be stripped of my properties unless I either continually request PM to take and give my property, or purchase an expensive donation package of which I only want one feature. The other package features are offered separately so why not? 

• 1 month later...

My concern is, creating this package at a cheaper price due to lack of features, then you're going to have those that log in just to keep their properties happily paying a couple of quid to keep them, knowing full well they aren't going to be playing for the next couple months.

For me, it's a no, forum PM us of inactivity.

• Upvote 1

We had this system on an old server, it was a nightmare and (while being an excellent source of revenue for the server owner) it created a property crisis like no other before it. 

Players would donate the required amount to protect their property, log in every couple of weeks/months to renew their protection, and that was it. It withheld some of the best and most usable properties on the server from players whom were actually active. 

This would wreck the property market and make it near impossible for active players acquire most properties of significant value, because they will likely be protected by their inactive owner who “might come back next year”. Massive no.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...