Save the property market

cracked

"One property per player" is honestly the only way to start addressing this.

If the UCP is to be believed, we have 105,890 registered users and 6,059 properties. Even if we assume only 20% of those registered users are active, that's one property per four players. Hoarders are only a symptom of the actual issue with the housing market - scarcity.

Prices aren't going to begin to come down unless we have:

1. Many more properties,
  2. Many fewer players, or
  3. Less demand for properties.

PM couldn't keep pace at the best of times, so #1 obviously isn't happening, and we don't want #2 to happen.

Make it more attractive to RP outside and give people more safe storage options, and I suspect the problem will resolve naturally.

I'm new to the server and I've not had issues finding the properties I need. Properties I want is something else, but I've managed to get my hands on that as well.

I use my properties a lot, with both their interiors and the exterior furnishing as well. Nobody needs to have a house with a garden to throw a garden party - and if you want to have a garden party, you better find a friend with a house - or use one of the publicly available spaces in Los Santos.

28 minutes ago, Smilesville said:

"One property per player" is honestly the only way to start addressing this.

If the UCP is to be believed, we have 105,890 registered users and 6,059 properties. Even if we assume only 20% of those registered users are active, that's one property per four players. Hoarders are only a symptom of the actual issue with the housing market - scarcity.

Prices aren't going to begin to come down unless we have:

1. Many more properties,
  2. Many fewer players, or
  3. Less demand for properties.

PM couldn't keep pace at the best of times, so #1 obviously isn't happening, and we don't want #2 to happen.

Make it more attractive to RP outside and give people more safe storage options, and I suspect the problem will resolve naturally.

Opening up places like Chumash, Pacific Bluffs housing could also drive down the prices of the already sold houses. One house per UCP account and one standalone per character could also work. And people who complain that they want to move from one house to the other, so they'd need two houses while moving to one could just rent for the time being. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Rhelli
  • 2 years later...

Property Management has made some amendments to their rules since this, as well as inactivity rules being changed around and implemented so this issue has mostly cleared up by itself. If there is further feedback please take it directly to the Property Management Discord: https://discord.gg/y7VSW2xfjJ