Limit house ownership to only 1 per character, exception for real estate companies.

1 minute ago, SWAE said:

I currently own only two properties in one of my character out of three, and this comes out of two reasons, one.. hes rich, too.. it allows me to roleplay laundring my money through the second property, yes.. 

This system that it's being suggested here, strips me from the opportunity to roleplay this one thing with my character, so yours can roleplay another, but you and me are both different, how? I had the chance to obtain this property, through dealing, friendships doesn't matter, but I acquired this property, you? maybe you should try other methods followed icily to obtain a property rather then taking the shortcut, having the management remove our properties because you simply can't obtain one yourself, both ways are unfair for that I agree, but you don't have to fill a hole by digging another.

Both me, and knppel said we're against the suggestion, other routes should be looked into to free up the market and create movement, not arbitrarily stripping them for people. If you RP around your second property, great! Keep it, that's not the problem, it's the people that don't RP around their second properties and just hoard them.

• Upvote 1

I'm against this suggestion simply because I haven't owned a proper apartment/housing in a month, and honestly? Hasn't affected me at all and I use that to my advantage in roleplay. Instead of having the OOC need for some sort of housing, try using it to your advantage IC, make something unique out of it. Even then, you don't need to own a house; this isn't a RPG server, it's a roleplay server. You don't need everything given to you, so make the best out of everything you have.

5 hours ago, Woona said:

I'm against this suggestion simply because I haven't owned a proper apartment/housing in a month, and honestly? Hasn't affected me at all and I use that to my advantage in roleplay. Instead of having the OOC need for some sort of housing, try using it to your advantage IC, make something unique out of it. Even then, you don't need to own a house; this isn't a RPG server, it's a roleplay server. You don't need everything given to you, so make the best out of everything you have.

Why isn't actual renting a thing? (Maybe I'm not aware.)  Like not everyone using a rental as a spawn point, but I.E for the server's sake you pay a home owner like 50K and script-wise own the house for like 3 real life months then if you want to re-new your rental lease IC with the owner you can re-pay and do it again for 3 more months, or the next person can rent? 

Edited by Ronnie two poles
6 hours ago, Ronnie two poles said:

Why isn't actual renting a thing? (Maybe I'm not aware.)  Like not everyone using a rental as a spawn point, but I.E for the server's sake you pay a home owner like 50K and script-wise own the house for like 3 real life months then if you want to re-new your rental lease IC with the owner you can re-pay and do it again for 3 more months, or the next person can rent? 

From someone who has rented property ic:

Same as with buying, the market is simply pretty dry.

Most characters, if at all, hold 1 estate max, which typically they will use themselves.

Even for capitalistic types, renting out property does not pay off in any significant way. I think I paid 25 or 35k rent for my first month- that's an amount of money any John Doe can make with zero effort by hanging in a 24/7 once a week.

Just that instead to /bjoin you need to invest a whole lot of money in property, time and money in advertisements to promote your services to find someone to rent for money and so on.

Assuming you spend 150k on an apartment, you'll need to rent it out for at least half a year to refinance your investment.

Being a Landlord only earns you discrimination already in our setup, no real benefits (except that you own that to rp with it).

Obviously no real market can evolve from that.

Edited by knppel

If the Rage engine can handle it, massively increase desirable apartment locations for people to live in the city. I know it goes against the system but they need to be made to rent only, single tenant. This will help keep part of the real estate market fluid since they can’t just be bought and held. 

On the behalf of apartments, it might be a better route to just add more apartments to each block if RAGE can handle such a thing? I know some will argue "Oh that building doesn't have that many rooms" but if it's an argument between a realistic amount of floors inside of Integrity, and helping to ensure that more people have a place to stay I think the latter takes priority.

I think two as a limit is fine, helps criminals and allows for property renting outside of companies. Though I do agree that taxing should be a thing, especially increased for properties beyond the first. It would naturally discourage people from sitting on properties, ESPECIALLY if they're not making any money from it.

Not at all, no... I do not agree to this not only because I own a real estate firm but also because people don't search that well. If you searched like if it were a competitve analysis trust me you'd find places to rent or even buy. People just never search enough on this server and that has bothered me a ton...

Edit: Also trying to find specifically always what you want is hard. So dont always expect to have what you want. It doesnt work like that IRL, and neither does it work like that IG.

Edited by Busch

I don’t think there’s a housing shortage at all, there’s a lot of property locations that could be scripted to have an interior but have not been added, think this falls down to Property Management and somebody going through to find locations that could realistically house characters as I’ve noticed a lot of places that could be used but don’t have any script to enter or purchase. This could be requested by players too, but I don’t think a lot of people realise, on top of that property requests aren’t open very frequently so the facade of a ‘shortage’ is presented.

Limiting to one per account or one per character doesn’t make sense to me, there’s a bigger problem to be addressed.

Edited by CrisisGG
  • Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...