Limit house ownership to only 1 per character, exception for real estate companies.

5 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

If you give a quarter of that 3 houses, and then assume the rest all have a character with a desire for one property you’d need 3750 properties. How many properties do we have in game? It’s a manual process and at some point you run out of buildings. 

5,953 properties in game at the moment.

I don’t think the issue stems from a shortage of properties, it stems from a lack of sales of properties.

players have funds to buy properties but nobody is selling because you cannot find anything for sale, there is no incentive to sell if nobody is selling and thus cannot find a property to move to.

you find now players rather trade properties than sell and be “homeless” for a while. 

edit - the issue comes primarily from a pricing aspect. I’ve been offered for my properties way above the market value (and arguably what they are naturally worth) but I cannot sell them because of artificial rules.

prices will be high but at least there will be availability as opposed to nothing

its the lesser of two evils 

Edited by eMe
5 minutes ago, eMe said:

5,953 properties in game at the moment.

I don’t think the issue stems from a shortage of properties, it stems from a lack of sales of properties.

players have funds to buy properties but nobody is selling because you cannot find anything for sale, there is no incentive to sell if nobody is selling and thus cannot find a property to move to.

you find now players rather trade properties than sell and be “homeless” for a while. 

edit - the issue comes primarily from a pricing aspect. I’ve been offered for my properties way above the market value (and arguably what they are naturally worth) but I cannot sell them because of artificial rules.

prices will be high but at least there will be availability as opposed to nothing

its the lesser of two evils 

Property preference probably plays a huge roll. If you’re a gang roleplayer you want a house in your area, if you roleplay in the county you’d want a property in the county. I had to wait for months to get the property I wanted, primarily because of specifications. It’s not that there wasn’t anything else to buy, it’s that I didn’t want to buy it. 

I think you missed my point entirely, but that's okay. Still no support because the two house limit is just fine. The made that a rule back in I want to say...August, maybe September. Used to be you could buy whatever, whenever. This rule prevents that. 

Also, to the 1 house per UCP? Someone doesn't understand that like 80% of the playerbase has at least one alt. 

1 hour ago, Zayyy said:

yeah, a new housing scheme. all properties should be available on map. 1 standalone HOUSE per UCP 

Please pay attention to all replies in your thread. Not every reply is aimed at you. It was aimed at this.

I only have insight in the developement of the server's house market/setup since half a year, however I could observe in this time already that while we had a significant influx of players- and thus characters wanting estate- while at the same time no properties were effectively added to the server, left aside the last batch of house applications which for whatever reason did not include the city but only the county.

Lacking insight, I can only suspect pm gave in to the nagging of faction friends to at least open for the county.

Given we had a population boom all year ingame, opening apps but excluding the city felt like a real April Fool's for someone that roleplays a city resident looking for a fitting property since months (and refuses to just rush some place that's not perfectly fitting my rp).

Obviously the solution has to be to offer more properties to adapt to more active players, not to strip those already playing and having some of theirs.

What are you gonna do to compensate these people, also? Nothing? Give them money that characters owning two houses typically won't have any use for?

Just no. More properties is what it needs, not even tighter leashing of players on an ooc level that doesn't make anyone rp around their house.

19 minutes ago, Darcin said:

Please pay attention to all replies in your thread. Not every reply is aimed at you. It was aimed at this.

22 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

The suggestion clearly states 1 per character, not 1 per UCP.

we don't need any person who has no life and goes to spree, buying  character slots, grind money on his slots and buy houses in each character. 🙂 

Edited by Zayyy