Limit house ownership to only 1 per character, exception for real estate companies.

Just now, eTaylor said:

This is America 🇺🇸 

I really don't understand what you are aiming at here. What is this ''woningnet'' you mentioned and what do you mean with ''this is america''?

I know homeownership is ''the american dream'' and many americans have more than 1 home, but with the increase in players and the amount of astronomical inflated housing prices, its just unrealisticly hard to find affordable housing. Apartments that used to costs 120k are sold for 500k+.

4 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

I really don't understand what you are aiming at here. What is this ''woningnet'' you mentioned and what do you mean with ''this is america''?

I know homeownership is ''the american dream'' and many americans have more than 1 home, but with the increase in players and the amount of astronomical inflated housing prices, its just unrealisticly hard to find affordable housing. Apartments that used to costs 120k are sold for 500k+.

The issue is not that people own 2 or more houses, the issue is that we have Richman, Vinewood Hills, Chumash areas that are not scripted as houses and only accessible via House Application, which are never open it seems, last time I've seen one was for County only. Issue should be resolved by adding more scripted housing in those areas.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

Put together the LSCP and have them slap properties in bulk for admin approval to be dumped onto the market or a separate LSCP platform for cash purchase, tadaaa 

3 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Put together the LSCP and have them slap properties in bulk for admin approval to be dumped onto the market or a separate LSCP platform for cash purchase, tadaaa 

What is the LSCP? you keep throwing these responses up with unknown factions (?) but what does it actually mean.

I don't support this, due to the fact that owning 2 properties should be fine. Any more though, is just excessive unless you're running a business based on properties. The problem we're having is, players who don't run real estate businesses, are hoarding 2 properties per character

• Upvote 1

Scripting more skyscrapers and apartment complexes with more floors, more apartments per floor, should be a relative easy short term fix for the current shortage. A long term fix, and the lack of available mid-high end houses should probably be dealt with by some sort of estate or asset tax, but that's beyond the scope of this discussion. As for the set limit, two should be alright per character, taking all other concerns such as roleplay quality, realistic assets, etc, in mind.

Just like the other property suggestion thread, it doesn't really account the fact that we have ~1000 players in this server and all of them can run multiple characters, not to mention that areas are limited unless you're requesting through UCP. 1 property rule would make these certain rare properties even more rare.

7 minutes ago, NIGHTBOY said:

Just like the other property suggestion thread, it doesn't really account the fact that we have ~1000 players in this server and all of them can run multiple characters, not to mention that areas are limited unless you're requesting through UCP. 1 property rule would make these certain rare properties even more rare.

If you give a quarter of that 3 houses, and then assume the rest all have a character with a desire for one property you’d need 3750 properties. How many properties do we have in game? It’s a manual process and at some point you run out of buildings.