Limit house ownership to only 1 per character, exception for real estate companies.

Short description: Limit house ownership to only 1 per character, exception for real estate companies.

Detailed description: At the moment we are having a large housing shortage for affordable housing. Not only are renting rates at an all time low, the only houses that are up for sale that are not in a gang area are at astronimocal costs even though their original market value never exceeded 120k. My suggestion is to counter ''house hoarding'' with this suggestions. Allow characters to only own 1 house, and /maybe/ a vacation house far away from their main house.

Normally this should be adressed ICly by the Department of Housing (if we have one), but I thought there is just too much OOC in play with home ownership at the moment. A lot of new and old players can't get a property simply because there isn't enough on the market. which raises the question, should house-hoarding be allowed from an OOC basis?

An exception on this would be for real estate companies, which can still own by the current rules.

Commands to add: None

Items to add: None.

How would your suggestion improve the server? More affordable housing available.

Additional information: Right now you can still buy more than 1 residential property, it just costs more. But the extra costs don't really matter to anyone if the buyer has millions.

3 minutes ago, cracked said:

I don't support this, due to the fact that owning 2 properties should be fine. Any more though, is just excessive unless you're running a business based on properties. The problem we're having is, players who don't run real estate businesses, are hoarding 2 properties per character

Edited by ThatDutchPerson

I personally think the limit of two is appropriate. This allows people like gang members and members of other illegal factions to own their own personal house and an apartment in the hood they run illegal operations out of.

18 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

Normally this should be adressed ICly by the Department of Housing (if we have one), but I thought there is just too much OOC in play with home ownership at the moment.

Come to think of it, why don’t we have one? 

2 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Come to think of it, why don’t we have one? 

I know right, this could easily be solved by our government by the means of putting in appropiate regulations on home ownership. Better yet, a new tax? If we had a Department of Housing, they could solve the housing shortage easily.

12 minutes ago, Darcin said:

No support. They already put a two property limit from the previous free market, and the real estate application availability, like most application based systems, rarely opens up. 

It's fine.

This suggestion changes nothing to the Real Estate Agency applications, nor the agencies itself. This is for private home owner ship, and you can't operate as real estate agency if you haven't applied to be one.

7 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

this could easily be solved by our government by the means of putting in appropiate regulations on home ownership. Better yet, a new tax? If we had a Department of Housing, they could solve the housing shortage easily.

God no, government is absolutely horrible to deal with. I meant more along the ways of creating properties not having something as broken as your ‘Woningnet’. 

• Upvote 1