The State of Robbery RP: Low effort, High gains

5 hours ago, EffPee said:

Since when do players get to decide what should be roleplayed or not?

If you dislike how a roleplay situation turns out, let it play out; lose the 5 minutes it takes to get robbed, lose your items and report it. If the robber genuinely did something wrong, I'm sure they'd get punished.

These are your options when a poorly roleplayed robbery ensues:

- Let it play out, report after.

- Don't let it play out, go straight to /b and let the robber know you're waiting on an admin and wait around for the admin.

What you SHOULDN'T do:

- Go into /b whining and stalling roleplay.

- Just ignore the roleplay and stall even more.

Anyway, back to actually being a real nigga..@EffPee is spitting all the facts that you need, this isn't saying that some people don't roleplay robberies like a fucking brainlit robot but at the end of the day robbers IRL and on this server most of the time want to get in and out very quickly, the same way there are a few bad apples in the criminal side of things there are a few bad apples in the civilian side of things...I personally try to make all my robberies quick but as detailed as possible and usually refrain from robbing with more then 2-3 people..but at the same time if you just want it to be over just roleplay, give the shit over, and go about your day...at the end of the day it IS a roleplay server (I know..crazy, right?) 

1 hour ago, goddessoflife said:

I'm going to tell you straight up, there aint much reward, so it's genuinely about rping a criminal. I'll let you know why in later down the essay to knock down that "high gains" part in the title.

We get basically nothing from you niggas when we rob you besides 5k and maybe a phone or something, maybe a pistol or something if god is really on our side that day but other then that there is no "high reward"..most of the time people rush to /b (I don't and I'm not trying to justify the truly POOR roleplayers, but the ones who wanna get in and out realistically) when they are afraid that you are stalling because it happens way too often, the fact that this isn't real life of course adds a factor because IRL robberies are very very quick because we can actually speak to each other and hand over shit IRL (not that I hope you know from experience..) I've been robbed twice IRL and that shit is terrifying but it is also EXTREMELY fast, they take your shit and run off into the sunset..but of course we can't exactly do everything that fast because we have people that can't type very fast (looking at you @blast)

It's always about the script items it seems, never about the roleplay.

(this is a quote quoting a quote..) How do you know if it's just about script items? It's a roleplay server so at the end of the day it IS about roleplay..but nobody is trying to do some 1-hour long movie styled roleplay scene they want to get in and out of that situation (as they would want too realistically IRL..). 

What else are they searching for? They want stuff that they can sell for cash. That's what robberies are about. When I frisk someone IG, I would also ask if there would be anything on them.  It's not about Items first / roleplay later.  It's about both, getting your gains whilst you have an enjoyable rp sit.

This basically sums up how I feel about that.

So. Robberies. They happen a lot in real life, no doubt, and even more ingame

That's just fucking cap.

At the end of the day, there are a few people that roleplay robberies poorly, sure. But nobody is there to give you a fucking perfective act on some Mark Hamil shit, they are there to give you a realistic, enjoyable scene (yes, it should be enjoyable even though you're taking an L) and make the situation the best for both you and them OOC and avoid fucking up both IC and OOC..

And you might ask "why are you there to get in and out quickly" well because less-intelligent human specimens like the one shown below tend to use the time while I'm typing (and my gun isn't aimed) to shoot me in the fucking brain.

1 hour ago, Lurleen said:

We need more heroes like this to safe us from robbers 🤣

lLtGuiz.png

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

I really hope you're not this slow.

Enlighten me then, smart guy. One image I already found the source. Didn't happen in the US.

Again, I hope you were joking lol. If you weren't, at least try to find pictures that reinforce your point that it happened in the US.

Edited by Sixty

Yes, some people rob for items after they lose shit, that's good and bad and something that could be fixed if there were different ways to acquire specific items, in general.. my fellow real nigg- ilLeGaL rpErs you should roleplay realistic emotions, fear and actions AND try to get out as fast you can..

4 minutes ago, Sixty said:

Enlighten me then, smart guy. One image I already found the source. Didn't happen in the US.

Again, I hope you were joking lol. If you weren't, at least try to find pictures that reinforce your point that it happened in the US.

dude how did you fall for that post it was obviously a joke

2 minutes ago, ChromaticDeath said:

dude how did you fall for that post it was obviously a joke

I prefaced both replies with, "I hope you were joking"... obviously I was hoping that it was a joke lol I have seen some pretty awful posts on here, there's no telling on whether people are joking or really are being dense sometimes.

Edited by Sixty

This is going to be an extremely unpopular opinion (I'm sure both Legal and Illegal RPers are going to disagree with me here) but alot of me thinks the robbery limit should be removed with the caviet that all robberies have to be spectated by an admin.

I know this'd increase the admin workload, but we already do it for business and house robberies. Admin spectation would cut down on the major complaint/reports robbers have: People stalling RP and people pulling PF's with a gun aimed at their cranium, and it would help quell the concerns/reports of legal RPers: that being poor robbery portrayal.

You'd no longer have robbery squads, BF400 warriors, and blatant chain-robbers roaming the streets looking for random people to run the pockets of (AKA the robberies of opportunity we oh so often see). You'd have better thought out, better roleplayed robberies with premeditation and effort put in on the part of the robber. If the victim does something stupid, an admin is already on site to A-jail/CK (when deamed appropriate). As a bonus - with the robbery limit removed - those who put in the work will also reap the rewards. If the person has 400k on them, then tough shit, the robber walks away with 400k. I could imagine alot more creative and memorable robberies would come of this since you'd no-longer be able to rob anyone at a whim; you'd have to think ahead.

Anyways, that's how I feel about this whole debacle. Feel free to tell me I'm wrong.
As an aside, if the robbery limit was ever removed, mapping ought to be taken out of the bank, not the cash pool.

Edited by Fancy Toothpaste

[19:24:41] * Asset grabber uses his vacant hand to search her pockets, waistline and socks. He thoroughly does so and rummages through whatever belongings he can find.
[19:25:26] * only has a couple of cheap phones and $100 in her pockets, while she keeps looking both ways with her hands raised. ((me))*
[19:25:57] (( (65) asset grabber: stalling game. ))
[19:26:07] (( (407)  admin: It's been 30 seconds, relax. ))

They dont want you to RP, they want you as a pinhata.

I dont care if I get robbed but at least put some effort, and yes, I'm slow at typing.

Edited by Jennie
  • mj2002 locked this topic