Legacy Siren System

Simplify it so that instead of it being three stages OFF > Lights > Sirens (OFF/1-6), have it as two... OFF and Lights (1-6)... so you basically have to press SHIFT + E once then are able to turn on the sirens there, etc. Doesn't make sense for the second stage at all when the initial state of the third stage is the sound off.

I dig the new system since it is synced. Maybe even replace the keybind so it is just E to toggle it on, then X to cycle through the different sound types (wail, yelp, phaser).

Also hide the UI when you push F7.

Edited by .Nicholás

If you simplified the system, it would make life way better. I feel that using e to toggle the lights and either tapping e to cycle through the sirens, or using x would be the most conducive. While we're on topic, please bring back the use of the numbers for the weapon wheel. Thanks.

No, this system is great, it's been out for one day please wait for a bit and try to get used to it before complaining. 

That's only a question of habit, and well, with all the work put on that system by the devs just to see people complaining on the very first day, it's a bit saddening. 

2 minutes ago, HappyPancake said:

No, this system is great, it's been out for one day please wait for a bit and try to get used to it before complaining. 

That's only a question of habit, and well, with all the work put on that system by the devs just to see people complaining on the very first day, it's a bit saddening. 

no dude. I don't even care about the shift E shit, but it's the fact that they removed the 1-2-3-4 keys for equipping weapons. That means anyone who pulls first will most likely be the one coming out on top from now on.

2 minutes ago, HappyPancake said:

Yeah, that's fair opinion. I just don't know why an option for the legacy controls/system weren't a thing. 

I don't understand why there's two siren off modes, or the fact that this disabled the weapon wheel hot keys. 

If anything, I just want the old controls back. 

1 minute ago, Lazarus said:

no dude. I don't even care about the shift E shit, but it's the fact that they removed the 1-2-3-4 keys for equipping weapons. That means anyone who pulls first will most likely be the one coming out on top from now on.

Understandable, that's another problem, though. I like the system and I personally don't think it should change and go back to the old completely, maybe add an option to switch back for yourself only.

1 minute ago, mother_superior said:

Yeah, that's fair opinion. I just don't know why an option for the legacy controls/system weren't a thing. 

I don't understand why there's two siren off modes, or the fact that this disabled the weapon wheel hot keys. 

If anything, I just want the old controls back. 

Legacy can be good, as mentioned on the top part of my comment, but, thing is I don't know if both systems would be compatible since they handle stuff differently.

• Developer
52 minutes ago, UTOPIA said:

Please give us the option to use the legacy system, while I appreciate the update and the variations added in, I feel as if it is just far too complicated for it to be utilized effectively for some of us.

No because we cannot sync two different systems.

OT: changes are made to simplify it for next update.

E.g. pressing 1 2 3 4 5 6 while in light stage goes straight to siren stage.

Also being able to bind the keys to other keys.

• Upvote 1