How to improve RP in nightclubs

Lurleen

7 hours ago, ChippySound said:

Problem there is not them owning 5 clubs, it's the club owners letting others manage their clubs so they get passive income. And yes, that is a problem.

Its also not allowed. Report it when you see it.

most of the club owners give 0 shit about nightclub rp. 90% of the clubs are owned by illegal faction members who are just using the business to look cool and have HQ for their shit, that's it

only the club i enjoyed so far was the hotline. that's my personal opinion on it.

club scene in gtaw

illegal faction member 

wannabe mafia shit 

same faction mostly 

truck until you make good money to afford business, then name change to start your journey in the faction 

name change and be the new business owner 

run the same way 

no care about club rp, its all about money for guns 

Creativity? oh sorry, whats that? 

> repeat namechanging and running the business 

unknown.png

Edited by Zayyy
  • Upvote 3
  • Applaud 2
On 5/6/2021 at 8:01 PM, Lurleen said:

What I'm trying to say is that I think that RP in nightclubs should be more realistic, people need to stay out from their confort zone group of friends and interact with others.

This is where the problem is at. I've had a spree of like a week going to each club getting my character drunk and high as a kite searching for RP of any kind but if you're out there on your own, which happened to me a few times you can give up and go search for RP somewhere else because everybody will ignore you. 90% of the people that attend night clubs are the same people from the the same group of lesbo friends that the moment they see a female character they run up to her and pull her in their closed group and ignore the rest of the people RPing there. Then there's the creeps, yeah.. those that do nothing but hit on every female character in the club trying to get some petty ERP and there's the gangbangers that do nothing but stand there and act tough. That's it, no vision, nothing spectacular, no imagination. Same shit different toilet. 

People need to stop being so cringe and ignorant in clubs, stop making closed circles with a bunch of people that you see every single night.

You see someone on their own? Your character is drunk? He/She should also be friendly, try to pull that lonely player out of his misery and create some passive RP, meet and greet, tell jokes, laugh.. flirt, fight, whatever. 

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
2 minutes ago, LaceUpBrah said:

Then there's the creeps, yeah.. those that do nothing but hit on every female character in the club trying to get some petty ERP and there's the gangbangers that do nothing but stand there and act tough. That's it, no vision, nothing spectacular, no imagination. Same shit different toilet. 

Why did you call Alex Borroni out?

To echo what Koko's already said:  

On 5/6/2021 at 6:51 PM, Koko said:

What a lot of nightclubs are missing right now is a personality, in my humble opinion. Don't get me wrong, those that have Resident DJs manage better because the music is more consistent and you can develop the locations, but even then it's sometimes a struggle.

As a venue owner and as a patron, when I go in to roleplay at a club, I want to roleplay. I don't want to sit there and /anim ravedance whatever for two hours straight. I go in to roleplay drinking, drugs and socializing. It's why I'm so thankful to have the likes of @Koko@honey. and others supporting the venue in-character because they make the place come alive, as opposed to going to the vast majority of places in Los Santos and having a similar experience every time. It's off putting. 

I feel what a lot of these clubs are missing is an overall identity for their venues, as well as encouragement for things like drug roleplay in particular.  

Personally I'm a big lover of creating roleplay and more than happy to set the vast majority of the night's takings aside for all of the staff that do their job and create roleplay, whatever role they might be working that night. And as a venue owner, there's no better feeling than this: 

15 hours ago, Koko said:

But it is what it is, when a room is lit up, it really is a fantastic experience. Good experiences outnumber the bad.

Once again, big shout out to the aforementioned names who really bring this club in-particular alive. It's been pretty much week-on-week me saying about not only how packed we get because of the experiences that the team provide, but the atmosphere and overall feel of it all. 

• Upvote 1
37 minutes ago, Crocker said:

I feel what a lot of these clubs are missing is an overall identity for their venues, as well as encouragement for things like drug roleplay in particular. 

An anecdote here:

When taking over management at Malibu last november, after my business inspection I demanded the owner to have me build toilets.

He didn't quite get why I insisted I'd need these ("how many people rp taking a shit, come on!"), but thankfully complied.

After two weeks running, there was regular traffic in the restrooms and always dealers infront of them to supply those asking for it.

Simultaneously, I cracked down on those offering guests untargetted about drugs wherever I caught them, so those guests not interested in drugs did not get harassed as much.

I didn't recruit or tax dealers, having bigger fish to fry ic, what I did was warn them to not harass my guests, but take more care whom they approach. Or kick them out of they failed to heed my advice.

The reason this doesn't as easily develop in many clubs is in big parts caused by mapping, also, not only people's conduct of the topic:

If I have to run a marathon to the restrooms to powder my nose, I as player will be less inclined to rp that even when my character would want some.

Similarly, dealers will not find a good place to wait for customers in such locations, and thus instead resort to just /w to anyone.

Same counts for bars and alcohol refills by the way.

Dancefloors are too big, bars often split off from them (why!!!) and restrooms, if present at all, often hidden in a side tract rather than to be included in the interior design for best customer convenience.

People can talk about rp standards all day, but if the infrastructure doesn't provide what's needed, any emote of mine is vain.

Edited by knppel
  • Wuhtah locked this topic