How to improve RP in nightclubs

Lurleen

I dont think that the DJs are the problem, ita not bad RP to be a bad DJ, those exist irl. The problem is how people dont do much RP inside clubs. Its also true that some clubs are huge and too fancy, and they arent realistic.

If you go to clubs to oocly listen to good music, then there is a problem. IRL clubs are fun when you are too drunk to care about the music anyway.

4 minutes ago, scarlyfox said:

I have been trying to find a 70's and 80's dj for example for a bit now, tried a forum post yesterday and no hits on it, so yeah, you are somewhat limited at times to what you can do.

The work Doux and those guys puts in is fantastic too, I appreciate the passion they have in character on the whole club scene.

they're doing a good job, yes, weather or not I like the music they play. the whole point is that a group of five people or somewhat company is owning 90% of the clubs in game, and just because of that, every club will actually be the same. 

(Most) clubs lack identity. There's no themes or brands you could really associate the places with imo. 75% of clubs have the same 2-3 DJs. The lack of effort (maybe bit extreme, let's say 'comfort zone') shows, but can't blame them if people keep turning up. There's soooo much more that could be done with clubs though. This is why it's sad that one company can manage multiple clubs, which naturally makes it bit difficult for someone new to jump in the mix. Also, the problem might be that people also lack IRL clubbing experience and they don't demand much, nor have any expectations so whatever gets served is just fine enough to crash in and slap some /ravedance through the night.

2 minutes ago, .Pluto. said:

they're doing a good job, yes, weather or not I like the music they play. the whole point is that a group of five people or somewhat company is owning 90% of the clubs in game, and just because of that, every club will actually be the same. 

We don't own 90% of the clubs. What are you on about?! We own THREE which we open ONCE a week per club.

1 minute ago, ChippySound said:

We don't own 90% of the clubs. What are you on about?! We own THREE which we open ONCE a week per club.

It’s funny, this is the same guy that was complaining about Omega getting taken away, while the Conti Crime Family owns multiple clubs itself, Omega was one of them. I wouldn’t listen to anything he has to say as his arguments rarely have any base, better off ignoring them and letting him whine like a kid.

I feel this should stay on track with being a civil discussion with some useful suggestions, certain people should take their trash talking elsewhere, you know full well who you are. This fingerpointing nonsense and culture of spreading false information should stop aswell, it's ridiculous.

• Applaud 1
1 minute ago, CrisisGG said:

It’s funny, this is the same guy that was complaining about Omega getting taken away, while the Conti Crime Family owns multiple clubs itself, Omega was one of them. I wouldn’t listen to anything he has to say as his arguments rarely have any base, better off ignoring them and letting him whine like a kid.

Well said, all I see is hate and jealousy from him without a valid reason. Made zero sense, just bullshit from his side. Honestly if it weren't for Doux the whole club scene would be dead. Props to him for carrying it! 

• Upvote 1

Once again, I ain't on here to target a single entity.  People are taking away from my original point by thinking this is an attack on anyone. What the group currently do works, and there's a massive audience behind it. People like it, and it racks in money. 

I'm just saying if we want different concepts, or a change? We need to give other people chances too. How are we going to have diversity if it's the same thing over and over again? 

I know Doux & Co also try different things, and they put a lot of hard work into their businesses so kudos to them. My gripe's not with them, but with the amount of people getting denied for having different ideas. Encouraging the same thing over and over again is destructive. I'm all for trying out new ideas, new themes.

Edited by Itay_Waknine
  • Applaud 1
14 minutes ago, ChippySound said:

What do you mean? There's literally a person who manages 5 clubs because their company owns all five of them + 3 of clubs you guys have = 8/11. Point is more than valid.

1 minute ago, .Pluto. said:

What do you mean? There's literally a person who manages 5 clubs because their company owns all five of them + 3 of clubs you guys have = 8/11. Point is more than valid.

Problem there is not them owning 5 clubs, it's the club owners letting others manage their clubs so they get passive income. And yes, that is a problem.

• Wuhtah locked this topic