How to improve RP in nightclubs

Lurleen

Once again, I wouldn't call it trash. Far from it. 

I just think that before you go out in real life, you always look at what a nightclub's going to be playing. Me? I avoid techno clubs because I don't like techno. On the server people are playing the same old music, and nothing stands out at all. If something is going to be ran by the same people then how are we going to have any diversity? 

I ain't on here to diss no single group, yet again, I just think PM needs to take into consideration diversity, and they should allow new people to run businesses, not the same people. Slowly, but surely, the scene will fix itself. 

4 minutes ago, Itay_Waknine said:

I just think that before you go out in real life, you always look at what a nightclub's going to be playing. Me? I avoid techno clubs because I don't like techno. On the server people are playing the same old music, and nothing stands out at all. If something is going to be ran by the same people then how are we going to have any diversity? 

I ain't on here to diss no single group, yet again, I just think PM needs to take into consideration diversity, and they should allow new people to run businesses, not the same people. Slowly, but surely, the scene will fix itself. 

Bro, like...where is rave, hardcore, hardstyle...hell even hard trance. Don't tell me, that in all Los Angeles irl, there isn't a single club playing those. Like who the hell listens to dubstepified pop songs or EDMized hip hop these days?

Edited by Engelbert
  • Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Bro, like...where is rave, hardcore, hardstyle...hell even hard trance. Don't tell me, that in all Los Angeles irl, there isn't a single club playing those. Like who the hell listens to dubstepified pop songs or EDMized hip hop these days?

I know I don't, but yeah, that was my point exactly. It's the same thing being played, and it's just extremely dull. It's OK when you're new to it all but eventually it starts getting dead, and that's why I believe there should be a way bigger diversity in the clubbing scene.

I know I wanted to make a club which plays different music and has different themed events, with a dress code, etc etc... But trying to get a club is very hard on here so I gave up on the idea, for now. 

• Upvote 1

Playing devil's advocate here.

Seems like the patrons are more of the issue than the club owners. Can't fault someone for not trying something different when people keep coming back to it. Also a majority of club-going players show abysmal RP surrounding drinking. If the money keeps flowing, why change it? Don't fix what isn't broken. Also, if what is said is true, property management should be more open to unique ideas and help cultivate that growth instead of approving the same thing with a different name every time.

I agree both sides need improvements, for the record.

Edited by Sixty
2 minutes ago, Itay_Waknine said:

I know I don't, but yeah, that was my point exactly. It's the same thing being played, and it's just extremely dull. It's OK when you're new to it all but eventually it starts getting dead, and that's why I believe there should be a way bigger diversity in the clubbing scene.

I know I wanted to make a club which plays different music and has different themed events, with a dress code, etc etc... But trying to get a club is very hard on here so I gave up on the idea, for now. 

My main character is heavily into clubbing scene, but getting a solid opening and god forbid something different than people see every night, is pretty hard.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Sixty said:

Playing devil's advocate here.

Seems like the patrons are more of the issue than the club owners. Can't fault someone for not trying something different when people keep coming back to it. Also a majority of club-going players show abysmal RP surrounding drinking. If the money keeps flowing, why change it? Don't fix what isn't broken. Also, if what is said is true, property management should be more open to unique ideas and help cultivate that growth instead of approving the same thing with a different name every time.

I agree both sides need improvements, for the record.

Exactly. I agree with you on that too. Why fix something that ain't broken, right? I don't blame the current club owners. Their ideas work, and their clubs are successful. I just think helping promote new ideas will be great, and it's something property management should be doing. I know a lot of people with great ideas who just keep getting denied. (I ain't talking about myself here btw because I haven't applied for nothing. )

20 minutes ago, Itay_Waknine said:

First of all, there are a few things to mention here.

I know our group isn't the target with what you are saying, but I will present it as an example to make a case.

We try different concepts almost every week, with 3 completely varying nightclubs and according themes. Using the profit as a success criteria, you will note easily that the "boring, same old stuff" is more successful than experimenting with alternative DJs and genres.

Also one thing I disagree with is that your assumption; same group of people can not offer variety. We can and we are offering variety when it comes to the businesses our characters run.

I have been trying to find a 70's and 80's dj for example for a bit now, tried a forum post yesterday and no hits on it, so yeah, you are somewhat limited at times to what you can do.

The work Doux and those guys puts in is fantastic too, I appreciate the passion they have in character on the whole club scene.

• Wuhtah locked this topic