/vstats [playerid]

1 hour ago, mj2002 said:

The problem I see with this suggestion is that it effectively replaces roleplay with an OOC command. If you get scammed, report it.

It doesn't replace anything. The command already exists, this just changes so only you as the owner can use it after doing the necessary roleplay (if you have that standard, you can even withhold it since the other person has no key anyway and no access to the command. I'd pose that it makes for more roleplay as people will need to more thoroughly roleplay looking the car over before they get this info, instead of getting an OOC key through /vdup and circumventing roleplay and potentially causing issues through people being confused they have script access to the vehicle.

I'm with Vash here. Supporting. Vstats is basically the certificate of registration, and the title of ownership. It's the only sort of...anything the server gives when you drive a car off of server dealership. People are gonna ask to see the paperwork, and letting them see it without them having to oocly get in and out of the car makes more sense than the immersion breaking quick slide into the car that we had even before /vstats was limited to the keyholder.

Problem with anyone doing /vstats for everyone was you didn't even have to be in the car. Just in the animation of opening a locked car door. That's why the change was made. Thieves could /vstats a car before they even bothered to pick it.

They were also able to identify the antitheft. Which...isn't often out in the open and easily dealt with. Hell, the killswitch for the engine is irl, a battery thing. It kills the battery entirely so the car shouldn't even restart.

And this was happening. 

unknown-89.png

• St3fan[NL] locked this topic
  • 2 months later...