The current state of Nightclubs needs to be seriously considered:

2 hours ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

Not too sure how B would be considered bad from a business standpoint, business doesn't care about feelings especially when in your example it's implied customers move over from one club to another, presumably because the "asshole" provides a better club and the only person considering the "asshole" an asshole is the lacking business who couldn't keep their own customers.  

I’m just saying, it’s kinda a rude thing to do. (From a realistic standpoint). 

Imagine you’re a club owner. You’ve been opening your club three times a week at this spot for a while and have built up a good following and regular visitors. Then one day out of nowhere, a new club opens up literally within 10 second walking distance away.

Sure. That other club might be better than yours and that’s probably why they’ve stolen your regulars. But that doesn’t change the fact that you’re not gonna be happy about it. From your point a view, it looked as if the other club purposely opened up there with the intention to leech off of your club. You’re not gonna be happy and you’re gonna think that other club is a scumbag for opening that close to you.

Of course, this is gtaworld. People on the server care way less about business competition compared to real life. As it stands now, despite being a script job with little to no real rp,  trucking companies have easily the best “competition RP”. Always advertising better commission rates and benefits to try to one up each other and get more employees.

2 minutes ago, ScarletRose said:

Thanks a lot , people like you kicking this guilt shit and pitying me into letting them have 10 p.m. is what demotivated me from running the club.

Now I can listen to how good it was and receive complaints why I stopped.

I can't even continue writing without to start to swear.

Please close at least this thread as it's just full of bullshit.

Go whine ic if your club is empty, ffs.

Edited by knppel
8 minutes ago, knppel said:

Thanks a lot , people like you kicking this guilt shit and pitying me into letting them have 10 p.m. is what demotivated me from running the club.

Now I can listen to how good it was and receive complaints why I stopped.

I can't even continue writing without to start to swear.

Please close at least this thread as it's just full of bullshit.

Go whine ic if your club is empty, ffs.

First of all, I have no idea what your point even is. Secondly, I’m not even a club owner nor do i work in one. I could care less about a club being empty. I’m just explaining why multiple clubs being within 10 seconds from each other is weird realistically. No need to get all upset.

1 minute ago, ScarletRose said:

First of all, I have no idea what your point even is.

People like you walking around calling others' efforts to raise a good (and thus ic succesfull) scenery "rude", which pisses me off and demotivates me from putting effort into organizing anything here, that's my point.

Yes I get that one successfull opening at a time makes other simultaneously happening ones smaller, but calling out the players setting them up as rude for such?

Gimme a break.

4 minutes ago, ScarletRose said:

No need to get all upset.

Yeah sorry for that, the topic did trigger me for apparent reasons.

5 minutes ago, ScarletRose said:

First of all, I have no idea what your point even is. Secondly, I’m not even a club owner nor do i work in one. I could care less about a club being empty. I’m just explaining why multiple clubs being within 10 seconds from each other is weird realistically. No need to get all upset.

There is nothing weird about clubs been open 10 seconds of each other? My city has multiple districts in it where there is club after club, next door to each other that open up and people flock into them, entire streets FULL of clubs and bars. There is absolutely nothing weird about it, I fail to understand where you get that idea from.

Just now, knppel said:

People like you walking around calling others' efforts to raise a good (and thus ic succesfull) scenery "rude", which pisses me off and demotivates me from putting effort into organizing anything here, that's my point.

Yes I get that one successfull opening at a time makes other simultaneously happening ones smaller, but calling out the players setting them up as rude for such?

Gimme a break.

Seems to be a misunderstanding. I’m not calling out players for being rude.

like I said many times. I was talking about a realistic real life scenario, not in game in gtaworld. I’m real life, you wouldn’t be happy if a club opened up right next to yours.

19 minutes ago, ScarletRose said:

Imagine you’re a club owner. You’ve been opening your club three times a week at this spot for a while and have built up a good following and regular visitors. Then one day out of nowhere, a new club opens up literally within 10 second walking distance away.

Sure. That other club might be better than yours and that’s probably why they’ve stolen your regulars. But that doesn’t change the fact that you’re not gonna be happy about it. From your point a view, it looked as if the other club purposely opened up there with the intention to leech off of your club. You’re not gonna be happy and you’re gonna think that other club is a scumbag for opening that close to you.

Of course, this is gtaworld. People on the server care way less about business competition compared to real life. As it stands now, despite being a script job with little to no real rp,  trucking companies have easily the best “competition RP”. Always advertising better commission rates and benefits to try to one up each other and get more employees.

From a realistic standpoint, it's as real as you get. Places want to open where other clubs are. It doesn't make sense to open clubs in all different areas. You want a certain zone to be "club" heavy, so when people want to go to one, they know where to go.

Spoiler

You literally said in your post that the other club is probably better and they've stolen your regulars. If someone can steal your regulars, then you're doing something wrong and need to mix it up.

10 minutes ago, scarlyfox said:

There is nothing weird about clubs been open 10 seconds of each other? My city has multiple districts in it where there is club after club, next door to each other that open up and people flock into them, entire streets FULL of clubs and bars. There is absolutely nothing weird about it, I fail to understand where you get that idea from.

Admittedly I guess it does depend on where you live. I’m going off of personal experience. In my town at least, it’s quite a small one. (Not tiny, but definitely not LA sized) There’s maybe only around 6-9 clubs and they’re spaced pretty far apart. I guess I’m just new to the idea of multiple clubs being that close to each other.

Edited by ScarletRose

And just for that location part, keep in mind while our setting is nominally megacity, we de facto simulate small town (at least from the number of residents).

It ultimately doesn't matter wether clubs are next door to each other or one is in Vinewood and one in Vespucci (the target audience can move within minutes, if they desire to do so).

A club opening at the other end of the city simultaneously will always compete with other clubs that have the same setting and target audience, regardless where they are located.

For that part, the yesterday setup with a lot of clubs/bars open at one location made much more sense to me than the usual setup where you drive from club to club in convois.

@Figgysums up well why this actually makes more sense both for the customer as well as for business operators.

On top of that come ooc restrictions, of course: If I apply for a nightclub, I'll seek a fitting building, and that I'll typically not find in La Puerta's industrial area, but in Vinewood or Burton (exceptions stating the rule).

Edited by knppel
3 hours ago, ScarletRose said:

The problem comes when there are separate 3 nightclubs literally opened on the same street as each other. In real life, there are never three nightclubs (or any of the same business) opened on the same street as each other, that just doesn't happen nor does it make sense.

... I don't know where you are from but yes there are. There's many big cities in the world with whole streets with nothing but nightclubs. In fact many make it a selling point as an attraction.

In any case, I RP a DJ, so I'm fairly involved in Club RP I think is fair to say. Let me preface that I don't mean to diss any individuals or condemn their practices OOC. This is all legitimate IC and it's all a problem that happens IRL, as someone who was been in the industry in real life too.

The problem I currently see as it stands is that there's several aggressive business practices by club owners/managers to turn everything into a monopoly/duopoly. There's essentially, as far as I understand, two companies that control the openings of all the prominent clubs in the city, and as far as I have seen from observing they run tight schedules to capitalize on spreading people around clubs and ensure they have the maximum coverage for the longest amount of time. This is something that happens in real life too. Many clubs that you think might be competing are actually under the umbrella of one single company or group of owners.

Most of the competition is fake, money is spread among mostly the same groups of people. A big issue right now is that there's a clear drive by some clubs to open at all costs as many times a week as possible, and offering weak club nights for whatever profit they'll bring. This means that they default to putting any staff they can scramble, and have a half-empty floor on a Tuesday night, which means people become disenchanted about the place when it's Saturday and it could be popping. That or they are hoping that you will barhop to their next place and give them money there instead if the first place doesn't fill up.

This ultimately means that many clubs don't create their own "brand" (this isn't true to all Clubs, if you are the exception, I see you, dw), or pull in regular customers. People just go to open clubs but aren't excited for one over the other because they seem underdeveloped and lacking a soul or an identity. This isn't a fault of the distribution of clubs, this is just industry cynicism.

tl;dr: Club RP is mostly a soulless, profit-driven business and there's not much effort put a lot of the time into making enjoyable social RP experiences. They open as a playpen for people to socialize in a closed spot, and don't capitalize on creating a vibe or a culture.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic