The current state of Nightclubs needs to be seriously considered:

27 minutes ago, Karner said:

Time for an IC Barcrawl.

Yes pleassseeeeee

Honestly I don't know why someone doesn't take this as an opportunity to bring in something unique to the club scene. If everyone is doing the same thing, you can stand out by doing something different. Stop chasing the script money and actually provide a service. It's a problem on both fronts as others have said. The nightclub portrayal on both the business and the patrons in this server is abysmal. I wish more people would report it.

Edited by Sixty
11 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

I myself stopped going to clubs IG, cause they always play the same shitty music as if every club had the same DJ.

facts, ive literally never heard shit like rap at a club ingame before its always tiktok songs or some shits

• Upvote 1

I don't mind that the clubs now have to work harder to compete with each other. What's wrong with a little competition! Should be fun to watch and also enjoy as a consumer. Cheap drinks, VIP and entry? HECK YAH! < (Is what I'd say if I roleplayed in clubs probably!)

Competition is healthy. The quality of roleplay is a different matter and is something that can always improve. I see no compelling reason to start micromanaging business openings beyond what Property Management already does when they grant property requests. If you don't like a particular club, don't go to it.

5 hours ago, TinPan said:

What?

What nightclub have you been to that doesn't serve up cocktails?

Cocktails are literal fucking staples of nightclub life, it's one of the main ways that they compete with one-another aside from the type of music that's played. The more variety of drinks and cocktails you can offer to club goers, the better; especially if a nightclub makes it's own kind of cocktail that becomes a staple of the venue.

Just sounds to me like you either don't know what it's like to be inside a nightclub, or if your working as a bartender; you can't be bothered to just Google the cocktail name and skim-read it's ingredients for a few /me's.

This, as someone who bartended for an entire Summer at a popular night-club, drinks are a major income of cash for the club, esp on it's popping days such as weekends. If you went into a nightclub IRL and could not have any drink of your choice before you hit the dancefloor, socialize or whatever (not all nightclubs are a major dancefloor with strobe lights and EDM - I've been to a few in America that have public pools, hot tubs, indoor/outdoor combined whilst being the typical nightclub - crazy right?) I never heard anyone, and I mean this harmlessly - complain about a nightclub ICly serving cocktails...

But overall, I don't see a problem with the current amount of businesses, even if they are a close range of each other. It allows for club hopping, diversity and different types of engagements per nightclub. Plus, like I said earlier I would love to see what those closer nightclubs to each other do ICly to spice up their club/attract people to come to their establishment opposed to the other down the street. 

7 hours ago, el san verde said:

I want to say, first of all... anyone trying to bash on this thread? Admins should warn/forum ban because this thread seriously needs a proper discussion. It's so annoying seeing 3 nightclubs open, especially when it's 3 right on the same block?????????

image.png.f7181bce9dd9e610258dc6aacb2ac698.png

I really think there should be 4-5 nightclubs limited serverwide that are official, the rest are underground with players using houses for parties etc. Because this is just ridiculous, and takes away from nightlife roleplay.

You forget we have at peak about 600~800 people and more playing. Placing this amount of people in the same area (not even speaking of same building) would cause Rage & server to implode, check what happens when there's a lot of people in same area or building with current version of Rage. (People become invisible you see only name tag, people float, faces and hair do not load proper).

Most of these club are different genres different music, I do not see an issue with this except people having a CHOICE where to go.

2 hours ago, SULLI said:

I don't mind that the clubs now have to work harder to compete with each other. What's wrong with a little competition! Should be fun to watch and also enjoy as a consumer. Cheap drinks, VIP and entry? HECK YAH! < (Is what I'd say if I roleplayed in clubs probably!)

I've noticed some clubs dropped prices on entry fee already due to multiple clubs open same time.

A lot of people are saying how competition is good and that multiple clubs being opened at once makes sense. I agree with that.

The problem comes when there are separate 3 nightclubs literally opened on the same street as each other. In real life, there are never three nightclubs (or any of the same business) opened on the same street as each other, that just doesn't happen nor does it make sense. If there were three nightclubs opened in different points in the city with different groups of people frequenting those clubs, that's good. Each place has its own customers and they're also trying to compete with each other. But when three clubs are literally on the same street of each other, then it's just "who can steal each other's customers the best."

It also doesn't make sense from a business standpoint. Why would a club owner intentionally open their club on the same street as a rival's club? It's a dumb business move. You do that and either A. No one comes to your club because everyone already goes to that one or B. If your club is somehow more popular than the one next to you, You end up steaing all that other club's members are now you look like an asshole.

Of course, this is GTA World, not real life. GTA World players will go to any new business that just opened up, whereas in real life, businesses that just opened usually have to operate for months or years to build a reputation and become relevant in a community. We can't really force players to not go to a business. So the only other solution is to prevent more than 1 of the same property type to be opened at the same time as another in the same area. Admittedly, even this is not a perfect solution.

• mj2002 locked this topic