The current state of Nightclubs needs to be seriously considered:

1 minute ago, el san verde said:

As I said, IRL can't be compared to IG. I made the points above. 

That still didn't answer how it's ruining nightlife RP other than the amount of people in the club. When you get large amounts of players in one location roleplay becomes watered down and hard to manage for most players.

• Upvote 2

Competition creates opportunities for each business owner. Limiting them for the sake of whatever whim this is or OOC asset safekeeping is just lame. If you don't like it, you can always disable the minimap and go on about your night.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Gryphboi said:

Competition creates opportunities for each business owner. Limiting them for the sake of whatever whim this is or OOC asset safekeeping is just lame. If you don't like it, you can always disable the minimap and go on about your night.

It's not about that, it's about when you go into 1 of 3 nightclubs, and there's 7 seven, with nobody on the dance floor, and the people going there are only there cuz they're IC friends.

1 minute ago, Gryphboi said:

Indeed. OOC monopolies tend to be bad as well. You know, for everyone who isn't involved.

2 minutes ago, Valkyria said:

Indeed. OOC monopolies tend to be bad as well. You know, for everyone who isn't involved.

Going off this also. You're forcing people to go to the same clubs over and over again. With the current system "friends" can go to one club one night and another the next night. It allows for an immersive experience in game.

• Upvote 1

Can we also talk about the portrayal inside the actual nightclubs? The bartenders with "/me makes name his drink". Or the fact people are going to NIGHTCLUBS to order cocktails??? Not bars....Nightclubs. 

A couple nights ago, my character was waiting in line to get into one of the clubs, and I saw Joey Provenzano roll up and start talking to another guy who was outside the club. Joey and a couple guys he was with had said they just came from 80s night at a different club, while another person in line was talking about an experience he had at a completely different club. In that moment I felt an almost surreal amount of realism because of how normal it felt. I understand this is a very personal experience but at the same time there's zero reason to restrict business from being available or being open just based on the idea of not having enough players to satisfy an individual's roleplay expectations. 

Seems like an IC problem. I mean it's not only with nightclubs; but IRL a lot of businesses do this. You ever seen gas stations/fast food etc literally parallel to each other on the same street? Same applies to Nightclubs. If people want to only host 10-30 people because they're all on the same block, seems more like an IC choice tbh. Multiple businesses with the same concepts (nightclubs etc) in short distances is a normal thing in major cities IRL. Really not a big deal. 

If anything, it's a good thing IC for business rivalries, competition etc which will spark up new concepts for people to do within their business.  

3 minutes ago, IrCam said:

Can we also talk about the portrayal inside the actual nightclubs? The bartenders with "/me makes name his drink". Or the fact people are going to NIGHTCLUBS to order cocktails??? Not bars....Nightclubs. 

Not everyone that goes to a nightclub wants to huddle in a group and dance with their drink in their hand, same IRL not everyone that goes to a nightclub goes to just dance and drink. There is a social aspect of it along with drinking plus the energy. 

There is nothing wrong OOC with going to a nightclub to just drink, happens IRL too. 

Edited by Ronnie two poles
6 minutes ago, el san verde said:

It's not about that, it's about when you go into 1 of 3 nightclubs, and there's 7 seven, with nobody on the dance floor, and the people going there are only there cuz they're IC friends.

And that bothers you because?

• Upvote 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic