The current state of Nightclubs needs to be seriously considered:

From an IC standpoint, I don't know if you have stood outside on the vinewood strip during some of the club openings, but the atmosphere can be truly amazing, the lighting and general setting of the area at night is so great, the glowing lights etc. Then to see a lot of people queuing up in various places, waiting to enter bars or clubs.

We have even had an elderly character come outside our club with his trumpet and start playing music ICly to make the setting even more lively and feel more realistic and I absolutely love it.

I think crowding areas with business can actually be a positive thing, not negative, especially for the sake of immersiveness, I own a club on the strip and i'd love to see more businesses opening along it infact and bringing it even more to life.

5 minutes ago, scarlyfox said:

I think crowding areas with business can actually be a positive thing, not negative, especially for the sake of immersiveness, I own a club on the strip and i'd love to see more businesses opening along it infact and bringing it even more to life.

This. Having a "club street" in Los Santos makes a lot of sense, instead of having people drive from one corner of the city to the other chasing openings. You can have other more "local", neighborhood clubs, but big nightclubs being all in the same location would actually help develop the street culture around it. Bring food vendors, people hustling outside.... taxis waiting on the same point of the map for clients, encouraging less drunk driving and more taxi drivers...

Right now it's just not worth it.

Edited by Koko

I don't think many clubs do it right, honestly. Ji-Ok is great and it works as well as it does because K-towners have done amazing in building an actual community of legal/illegal RPers that cohabit that section of the map. That's their club. Same as all the other businesses in the area - the locals support any business that pops up and provides a service/RP. It's nothing unique or ground-breaking, it's just a club - but there's a reason it's always packed out and the place to be on a Saturday night.

Never had an Asian character but I admire the fuck out of the community vibe they have going down there - and as long as you're respectful, they're happy to accomodate any character that passes through. These other clubs/businesses don't have that sense of community surrounding them - they've just been chosen for the exterior aesthetic and throw up an ad hoping that they'll bring in the punters.

K-towners live, hang out, form relationships and work within that one area. Most other club owners probably own a house in Mirror Park where their club is on the opposite side of the city.

Clubs/business owners should focus on building RP in their surrounding areas. Rockford Hills, for example, you won't often find casual RP happening on the streets there - yet there's clubs and businesses that operate there whose players vanish to different parts of the map once their openings are over.

Edited by lux
  • Upvote 1
13 hours ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

Nightclubs do cocktails chief. I hate night clubs, but best believe when I was in college, I was going to one specifically because they were doing 2 dollar Long Islands on Friday nights. And another we went to did dollar Tom Collins' on Thursday night. College town, bars/clubs started on Thursday. 

I guess it must be a US thing. Never once have I seen a nightclub do cocktails in my city. Bars/Pubs? All the time. Just not nightclubs. I'd very surprised if I saw a bartender in a nightclub pull out a cocktail shaker and just start mixing it up. Never once heard of someone walking into a nightclub stone cold sober and the first thing they've done is order a mojito.

Nightclub =/= Bar.

On top of the mass restrictions we're already faced as players I find this to be one of the most eye-rolling suggestions.

Your problem could literally be resolved with proper roleplay. It's up to nightclub owners to talk shop with others and maybe come to some sort of arrangement, maybe even set up an unoffical association and work in tandem with one another to work around each other's schedule.

If your nightclub's not popping? More often than not you've only got to look at yourself. I've had several openings where we didn't do the numbers I'd hoped for, but that's apart of it, you innovate.

Connections and marketing - build up your brand, as a character and as an establishment. There's more to it than just /openbusiness and waiting for your $40,000.

All in all there shouldn't be any restrictions as to how many bars & nightclubs may open at one time. Competition breeds innovation and better clubs. Simple as that.

• Upvote 6
13 minutes ago, Lei said:

our problem could literally be resolved with proper roleplay. It's up to nightclub owners to talk shop with others and maybe come to some sort of arrangement, maybe even set up an unoffical association and work in tandem with one another to work around each other's schedule.

Funny you should say that, Been working on an association for just this reason.

unknown.png

But then I reminded myself that people are mostly /openbusiness anyway so we went with another approach where we focus on our own clubs instead, doing our thing and hopefully people notice the effort put in.

Edited by ChippySound
30 minutes ago, ChippySound said:

Funny you should say that, Been working on an association for just this reason.

unknown.png

But then I reminded myself that people are mostly /openbusiness anyway so we went with another approach where we focus on our own clubs instead, doing our thing and hopefully people notice the effort put in.

This is the correct approach to an In-Character problem.

1 minute ago, Lei said:

This is the correct approach to an In-Character problem.

Problem is that much response was "Lol /openbusiness" and that was that.
So we started up our own company to put this effort towards our own clubs instead to hopefully get people to understand and experience a more enriched club RP.

We don't jump on drug dealers unless they make it super obvious or if someone comes to us ICly and reports it for example, offering RP to drug dealers.
We always hire extra personell even tho it eats our margins so the club seems more realistic. We default to two to three guards and two to three bartenders every opening. So much so we get guards coming in for free just to RP.

A humble brag? Perhaps. But either way it creates a fun atmosphere for people to RP in and that is the main goal, always.

• mj2002 locked this topic