The current state of Nightclubs needs to be seriously considered:

Here is my two cents on the subject, as ex-VIBE employee aswell as a regular DJ 🙂 

The nightlife companies play a huge deal in these situations and have the power to regulate these openings, this was demonstrated to me by @Woltrazz during the Executive Association era aswell as the new VIBE Incorporated. There was an actual schedule of all EA/Vibe contracted clubs and when they would open. This resulted in no overlap apart from the very few nightclubs that weren't aligned with EA or Vibe.

This created a nice balance, and it all happened IC. I believe the lead is currently at AMC, which is Cyprus Mill's company. Unfortunately she's forum banned, and can't comment, but I am sure AMC would be in a strong enough position to regulate nightclub openings the same way Vibe used to (maybe still does?) do! 🙂 

Thanks for the recognition. It's more work than you think 🙂

20 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

Here is my two cents on the subject, as ex-VIBE employee aswell as a regular DJ 🙂 

The nightlife companies play a huge deal in these situations and have the power to regulate these openings, this was demonstrated to me by @Woltrazz during the Executive Association era aswell as the new VIBE Incorporated. There was an actual schedule of all EA/Vibe contracted clubs and when they would open. This resulted in no overlap apart from the very few nightclubs that weren't aligned with EA or Vibe.

This created a nice balance, and it all happened IC. I believe the lead is currently at AMC, which is Cyprus Mill's company. Unfortunately she's forum banned, and can't comment, but I am sure AMC would be in a strong enough position to regulate nightclub openings the same way Vibe used to (maybe still does?) do! 🙂 

50 minutes ago, ScarletRose said:

It also doesn't make sense from a business standpoint. Why would a club owner intentionally open their club on the same street as a rival's club? It's a dumb business move. You do that and either A. No one comes to your club because everyone already goes to that one or B. If your club is somehow more popular than the one next to you, You end up steaing all that other club's members are now you look like an asshole.

Not too sure how B would be considered bad from a business standpoint, business doesn't care about feelings especially when in your example it's implied customers move over from one club to another, presumably because the "asshole" provides a better club and the only person considering the "asshole" an asshole is the lacking business who couldn't keep their own customers.  

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
58 minutes ago, ScarletRose said:

A lot of people are saying how competition is good and that multiple clubs being opened at once makes sense. I agree with that.

The problem comes when there are separate 3 nightclubs literally opened on the same street as each other. In real life, there are never three nightclubs (or any of the same business) opened on the same street as each other, that just doesn't happen nor does it make sense. If there were three nightclubs opened in different points in the city with different groups of people frequenting those clubs, that's good. Each place has its own customers and they're also trying to compete with each other. But when three clubs are literally on the same street of each other, then it's just "who can steal each other's customers the best."

It also doesn't make sense from a business standpoint. Why would a club owner intentionally open their club on the same street as a rival's club? It's a dumb business move. You do that and either A. No one comes to your club because everyone already goes to that one or B. If your club is somehow more popular than the one next to you, You end up steaing all that other club's members are now you look like an asshole.

Of course, this is GTA World, not real life. GTA World players will go to any new business that just opened up, whereas in real life, businesses that just opened usually have to operate for months or years to build a reputation and become relevant in a community. We can't really force players to not go to a business. So the only other solution is to prevent more than 1 of the same property type to be opened at the same time as another in the same area. Admittedly, even this is not a perfect solution.

Before last year I worked on the Nightclub scene irl as a bartender and security.

One of the clubs I worked had two clubs two bars and one pub on the same street. 

The main street from the train station in Cardiff has multiple bars, multiple pubs, multiple clubs on it.

I know I'm speaking from the UK. But, yeah. I reckon it happens in the US.

Heya, as one of the owners of the club's showed in the image first posted, I was skeptical myself opening last night, but it'd been planned out in advance staff is scheduled adverts were done in advance too. Some clubs don't advertise in advance you never know until last minute they are opening.

Fortunately last night was actually one of our best openings yet, despite the numerous clubs open. I do feel it makes things trickier but, if one of these clubs was failing, there's always the option to count your losses and open the following night which I've done myself and it's worked out.

• Upvote 1

Comes down to people not paying attention to opening hours of other clubs, some of them advertise well in advance, and so owners should work around those times to ensure smoother openings. 

Look at Ibiza if you want to see multiple clubs open on the same block, even places like Albufeira in Portugal, the argument that “This is unrealistic, there’s never three clubs on one street!” is ridiculous and the assumption is that you’ve never went to any popular clubbing destinations in real life. 

The picture shown is Vinewood, Vinewood is meant to be known for Nightlife, that’s why there’s several clubs in a small vicinity in the base game. Don’t want multiple clubs open? Start planning a fixed schedule and stick to it, reach out to other people in character and ask when they’re open, it’s not really a discussion for the forum, and more-so something that should be IC.

Here’s a picture which replicates what you posted on your first page, however this is a real life location, it’s not unrealistic what so ever.

NzxEkbl.jpg

Edited by CrisisGG

Marketing 101? Offer people a different clubbing experience and people interested in that will visit your club specifically. If the only thing that sets your club apart is the location, you may have a problem, sure. When people think of your club, is there anything about it that stands out or is unique?

The problem isn't too many nightclubs, it may be too many cookie-cutter ones. Some clubs IG fill specific niches and have their own unique vibes, and I'd hate to see them closed because we're over the max number of clubs.

Edited by hillievonb

Nightclubs open mostly on peak time.

As of right now we have 800-900 players average during peak time with most of them having 'bar hopping' as their hobby.

I don't think it kills RP, nightclubs now just need to have a 'schtick' so to say that would encourage people to come.

Edited by Cipher
  • Upvote 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic