The current state of Nightclubs needs to be seriously considered:

43 minutes ago, IrCam said:

Yeah you missed my point completely. Nightclubs don't do cocktails. That's a bar/lounge thing. Stop asking for a fucking mojito/long island/whatever the fuck inside a nightclub.

Nightclubs 100% do make cocktails. I’ve seen cocktails in pretty much every nightclub I’ve been to in multiple cities. I’d go as far to say that cocktails and mixers are the primary consumer pick for nightclubs.

As for the original post, I do believe it’s a bit extreme to limit the city to 4 nightclubs at any given time. However, since this is a roleplay server and doesn’t replicate actual human population, perhaps finding some sort of balance where only a certain amount of clubs can be open at one time, rather than just 4 clubs being owned at once. Even still, I don’t think it’s as much of an issue as you’ve made it out to be; clearly nightclub managers need to work on their marketing as another avenue of roleplay to get more people going to their clubs.

54 minutes ago, IrCam said:

Yeah you missed my point completely. Nightclubs don't do cocktails. That's a bar/lounge thing. Stop asking for a fucking mojito/long island/whatever the fuck inside a nightclub.

What?

What nightclub have you been to that doesn't serve up cocktails?

Cocktails are literal fucking staples of nightclub life, it's one of the main ways that they compete with one-another aside from the type of music that's played. The more variety of drinks and cocktails you can offer to club goers, the better; especially if a nightclub makes it's own kind of cocktail that becomes a staple of the venue.

Just sounds to me like you either don't know what it's like to be inside a nightclub, or if your working as a bartender; you can't be bothered to just Google the cocktail name and skim-read it's ingredients for a few /me's.

51 minutes ago, IrCam said:

Nightclubs do cocktails chief. I hate night clubs, but best believe when I was in college, I was going to one specifically because they were doing 2 dollar Long Islands on Friday nights. And another we went to did dollar Tom Collins' on Thursday night. College town, bars/clubs started on Thursday. 

The problem is a large part in what's been mentioned to death already in this thread. The majority of these clubgoers and club owners have never been to, or do not habitually go to clubs or bars. It's the same situation as some of the lesser quality illegal roleplay who are basing their RP off Nat Geo documentaries and Gangland episodes. This is just the legal side of that.

I had a bartender character, because I enjoy the drink making RP, especially in a nicer place that is doing whiskey. Because I know a lot about it. Now. Probably 95%-97% of what I saw was people coming in and ordering one of two things. "Gimme a shot of whiskey, I don't care what kind." orrrr "Gimme a whole bottle of Jack Daniels." And then that gets followed up with "/me sips the shot."  Yeah, I don't know who sips shots either IRL, I was flabbergasted too, but not nearly as much as "/me downs half the bottle in a single gulp." And even though I would just RP making them a single drink, they RP'd it as a whole ass bottle. And gulped it like it was water. And acted like it was water. Because people don't know how to RP drunk.

So it's an issue on both sides. Providers and patrons. But yes, nightclubs offer cocktails. The Margarita is the most popular cocktail in America. And they're super easy to make. Any club who wouldn't include something like that is literally letting money walk. A big problem goes back to what I said in my first post. These places aren't running specials on drinks, low price, mass volume to get people to order THAT drink over what they might normally get.

Having multiple c lubs open at the same time is not a bad thing.

- 30 characters in 1 club is spammy as hell, better 30 characters in 3 clubs.

- competition is good, it means the club owners need to step up their offers and their staff's roleplay and music

- The server sometimes hits 1000 players it's clear that if only 1-2 properties are open it will be chaos inside

I loved that there were four clubs/bars open simultaneously around Vinewood Boulevard last night.

It was great and actually simulated a night life scenery, opposed to a single location.

That not every location was bursting full- so what? Doesn't mean they provided a worse location to rp in, for a start, and only means they have to find methods to attract more customers somehow in the future if they aim for that.

Which should help improve roleplay and service ic.

In the U.S., especially California, it's strange to enter a nightclub or bar without having a drink. if they aren't ordering a drink, then they've either smuggled the drink into the club or drank before attending the club.

Where are the super-drunk valley girls at?

Don't get me started on narcotics and nightclubs...

Edited by DLimit

Time for an IC Barcrawl. 

There's no issue with the amount of businesses that open of the same type or time. 

People will go to their favourites that suit their RP and their character, regardless of what's open. If people want to come in, buy one drink then move on... Let them. 

i want to use this topic not to complain about the amount of nightclubs open but about the roleplay you see in there. People just use the nightclubs as a social hub to talk with their friends while listening to some music. They feel more like second life than a roleplayed nightclub. Where are people roleplaying getting wasted or high, minor fights between guys where a bouncer has to pull them off, people flirting, people making out, girls taking selfies in the bathroom, people throwing up outside the club, etc. 

• Applaud 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic