The current state of Nightclubs needs to be seriously considered:

1 minute ago, Ronnie two poles said:

Not everyone that goes to a nightclub wants to huddle in a group and dance with their drink in their hand, same IRL not everyone that goes to a nightclub goes to just dance and drink. There is a social aspect of it along with drinking plus the energy. 

There is nothing wrong OOC with going to a nightclub to just drink, happens IRL too. 

Yeah you missed my point completely. Nightclubs don't do cocktails. That's a bar/lounge thing. Stop asking for a fucking mojito/long island/whatever the fuck inside a nightclub.

2 minutes ago, IrCam said:

Yeah you missed my point completely. Nightclubs don't do cocktails. That's a bar/lounge thing. Stop asking for a fucking mojito/long island/whatever the fuck inside a nightclub.

You're expecting realistic portrayal in an environment where 90% of the people going to a nightclub in-game would be locked up for DUIs. I'm more concerned about the people actually DRIVING to and from the club.

• Upvote 1

Sounds like somebody doesn’t like a bit of healthy consumer competition.

How about you try to make your night club more unique and attractive from the others to bring in all the business for that night, rather than doing the same thing as all the other clubs. Idk just an idea.

2 minutes ago, Gryphboi said:

You're expecting realistic portrayal in an environment where 90% of the people going to a nightclub in-game would be locked up for DUIs. I'm more concerned about the people actually DRIVING to and from the club.

LMFAO TRUE. The people who RP knocking back shots all night, but "I've only had a few shots of Tequila! I'll be fine to drive!"

28 minutes ago, el san verde said:

IRL and IG are two different things.

As I said on Discord to someone:

"

that shit kills roleplay entirely

[12:36 AM]

makes nightlife almost pointless

[12:36 AM]

no point having 3 clubs open with 10 ppl in each"

Pointless or profitless?

Because if you guys were smart instead of trying to cut each other's throat for your little time bonus, you'd work together and open your clubs in sequential order with some overlap different drink specials going on at each club to promote a migration from club to club. But y'all don't do that.

And I've never seen a club offer drinks specials at all because it's easier and more profitable for all involved to charge full price for everything. And therein lies the issue. Every club is more or less a carbon copy of the other with whatever flavor of DJ is hot that day/week. So if you can't hire DJ, you don't open.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

Every club is more or less a carbon copy of the other with whatever flavor of DJ is hot that day/week. So if you can't hire DJ, you don't open.

This pretty much sums up the entire nightclub scene in LS.

8 minutes ago, Ronnie two poles said:

Not everyone that goes to a nightclub wants to huddle in a group and dance with their drink in their hand, same IRL not everyone that goes to a nightclub goes to just dance and drink. There is a social aspect of it along with drinking plus the energy. 

There is nothing wrong OOC with going to a nightclub to just drink, happens IRL too. 

There is a social aspect, for sure, but the clubs i've personally been to IRL, the music is so loud that even just shouting "do you want another drink" to your buddy several times becomes a work out for your voice box. I'm not sure if the clubbing experience is different in america than where I live but I find the GTA:W nightclubs to be a really immersion-breaking experience; most of the people there act like the music doesn't exist, talk with their friends for a bit and seem completely sober from head to toe, then hop into their really expensive sports cars after 10 shots in the space of 20 minutes and drive to the next club to do the same thing all over again. Whenever i've been to a club in GTA:W, i've never felt that "energy" you mentioned. Just a very lackluster social hub. So yeah I think the portrayal inside nightclubs is something that needs talking about more than the amount of nightclubs.

• Upvote 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic